How To setup my home stereo

Rob Guest
Unregistered guest
hi i have recently purchased 2 x100w skytek speakers and 1x300w 15" sub, how would i run them off of my 500w 2 channel amp?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6974

By hooking them together, Rob. What's your question?

Username: Mjking

Post Number: 1
I'm having a hard time setting up my system. I have a Sony 50" LCD, JVC THC6 HTIB and a HD cable box. I have every type of cable and am looking for the best overall hookup. Originally I ran HDMI from the HD box to the TV. Then the optical cable from the TV to HTIB and component cables from HTIB to TV. I was able to get a picture, but could not get cable to come through the HTIB for surround sound. Then I ran the cable through the receiver via S Video and then component to TV. Was only able to watch DVDs...no cable.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6991

http://www.prillaman.net/ht_info_8-wiring.html

Rob Guest
Unregistered guest
My Question is how do i wire them up? do i have the bass on 1 channel and the speakers on the other or 1 speaker on each channel and the bass on either???

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7002

There are various ways to make the connections. Normally you can begin with the two speakers being fed from the speaker outputs and the sub deriving its signal from a "sub out" or LFE output. Did you not get an owner's manual with this gear?

Rob Guest
Unregistered guest
And in English that means???? lol i don't understand all the techno jargon, i bought all the parts seperately so no there is no manual.the amp only has two speaker outputs, a left and a right. the amp is a skytec PA2100B.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 814
This is a home stereo, is it not?

Unknown models I am seeing.

Rob Guest
Unregistered guest
I Bought The Amp off of a DJ friend, and bought the speakers seperately from E-bay, i can't find any info on the amp at all, all i know is its Very loud, would love to know how much power it can put out!!

Rob Guest
Unregistered guest
I Bought The Amp off of a DJ friend, and bought the speakers seperately from E-bay, i can't find any info on the amp at all, all i know is its Very loud, would love to know how much power it can put out!!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 846
ok, now we ae getting the info, Rob.
If you provide specic info for each componant, we can help sommore.

A few folks here are familiar with band stuff, and big stuff in general, fill us in!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 847
The skytec is a kinda poor label to start with, Rob, but irfthats where you start, so be it

RobG
Unregistered guest
Ok i will give as much info as i can, both the speakers and the Sub are skytec also, here is the info for the sub:
Power max. 300W
Dimensions 470 x 425 x 520mm
Impedance 8 ohms
Weight 18kg
Frequency response 20Hz - 500Hz
SPL @ 1W/1m 89dB
SPL max 94dB

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us