How directional are Klipsch speakers

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 160
I've heard that Klipsch speakers can be pretty directional, with a rather sensitive sweet spot. Can anyone having experience with these speakers comment on this?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6951

It obviously depends upon what driver you are discussing. Horn loaded drivers have inherently more directional dispersion, especially in the vertical plane, than a typical dome tweeter or even a cone midrange. To find out how directional each speaker is you would have to look at the specs Klipsch provides. There is no way to generalize the answer to your question.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Horn loaded drivers have inherently more directional dispersion, especially in the vertical plane, than a typical dome tweeter... There is no way to generalize the answer to your question.

Actually, since all of the Klipsch speakers I've seen use horns, that was exactly the generalization I was looking for.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6958

Obviously if you see two speakers cabinets which share the same horn, those two drivers will have the same dispersion characteristics. It is the horn throat and mouth which determine that spec. Beyond that there is no way to say the number is this or that. The dispersion of a high frequemcy horn is going to be different than a mid frequency horn in all likelyhood.

If your question is, "will the Klipsch be directional in my room", then the answer is probably, "not that severly". Controlled dispersion is, in some cases, a virtue and not a fault.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
Ultimately, since Klipsch speakers generally use horn tweeters, my question is "Are horn tweeters more typically directional than dome tweeters?" And I think you answered that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us