Which CD to complement Rega Brio

Klemen
Unregistered guest
I am thinking of building a system around Rega Brio. Which CD player would you recomend? I mainly listen to classic music like opera's. I would like to have nice natural sound and be able to distinguis between chorus and orchestra. I am listening music at low to normal sound levels.

I know that this will sound heretical, but I would need to put speakers on furniture. I have low furniture in living room and there is no other way, but putting speakers there. Which speakers would you recomend?

Username: Babar31

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I do not know if you got any answers on your post but I am definitievely interested in the result.

I am indeed also looking for a new CD player to complement my rega brio. And it sounds like I am after the same kind of sound, not only for opera, but also jazz.

FYI, I have dynaudio audience 52 speakers. Although this is clearly heratical, they sit on shelves and I must say the sound is great !

BR

Laurent

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 160
Rega's cdp's seem the logical choice - starting with the Planet, then Jupiter and the new Appollo.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 132
I just saw that new apollo and am very interested in it, has anybody heard it yet ?

Username: Babar31

Post Number: 2
I have been adviced the Cambridge 640C which is about half the price of the REGA Planet.
Any idea on this ?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1183
The new Apollo is a wonderful machine and here in the UK it retails for a ridiculous £500. We have had two customers trade in their old Jupiters for Apollos already. The Apollo suits the Brio perfectly of course.

I'm a little concerned about using Audience 52s with a Brio though. I'd have thought that was a bit of a stretch for the Brio, good though it is...

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us