NAD 763 -- bad hum

Username: Zerot

Post Number: 1
Have a hum coming from my NAD 763. Have removed all components (just amp and speakers now) and I am still getting a hum. Purchased a Monster HTS 3600, did not help; tried a cheater plug did not help. Folllowed serveral of the threads on re-setting/"re-booting" the amp still with no luck. Thought I would reach out to see if there is anything else I can try before I send it in for repair?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6928

Where is the noise coming from? Is the unit making the noise as if the transformer is humming? Or, is the sound coming through the speakers as an electronic signal from a grounding problem? If the latter, does the problem occur on all inputs; tape, VCR, DVD, etc.?

Post Number: 2
The noise is coming from the speakers and it occurs on all inputs. As soon as I go from 00 to -74db on the volume level, I get the hum.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6929

Have you tried unplugging the unit for about twenty minutes? If so, then the situation probably warrants a technician's service.

Post Number: 3
I have had it unplugged for several hours. Looks like I am sending it in. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Paulof

Portugal

Post Number: 34
I have the same problem since I bought the unit in November 2004. I have exchanged the unit 3 times and the result was the same. Tried the unit at the deaker show room, same problem. NAD technician was at my house (good service) with a super duper electrical filter but that's not the issue. It's a design problem and not a fault from one unit. However I like the sound so much that I have kept it and still enjoying, the only anoying situation is listening to low volume music using 5.1 and here the hum/hiss from the surround speakers becomes a bit anoying otherwhyse it's not noticeble at the normal listening position.
Latest info from NAD distributor in Poirtugal is taht they are working on a solution but no results do far...

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3433
PF and Zerot,

Try the Panny xr55 (probably hard to get in Portugal though). You MIGHT be very pleasantly surprised at what a mere $230 can get you these days.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us