Dealers in Arlington, TX

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 722
Any good ones to visit next week?

Nothing in Reno last week, damm place was dry of good dealers.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6916

None that I know of. Arlington is half way between Dallas and Fort Worth and is mostly interested in entertainment venues such as Six Flags. There is a Home Theater Store at The Parks mall, but it is a store that is set up for selling equipment, not comparing equipment.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 725
Thanks Jan, if I get a little time off next week,I may venture into the City proper

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6919

For the most part, other than Krystal Clear Audio which probably still operates by appointment only, the majority of the dealers have migrated to the North side of the city and into the Plano area.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 727
Got it.
If I get a spot of time, I shall journey on to a friendly sounding place, and peruse the wares.
Of course, telling the person there that I am only browsing(where's the good stuff)?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6920

There isn't a lot of "good stuff" to be found in Dallas - Fort Worth. The metroplex has grown to the North and has been populated by people who love the ubiquitous "North Dallas Palace" with the "grand room" and the 2 1/2 story vaulted ceilings. Home theater is the dominant mind set of the audio scene in DFW and the idea of even presenting two channel sound is not easy to find. BTW, in typical Dallas traffic the 25 mile trip from Arlington to Plano will probably take anywhere from 3/4 to 2 1/2 hours. If you do make the trip, try doing it as early as the stores open (usually around 10AM) and stay away from rush hour traffic.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 729
So basically, sit in traffic, sipping a coffee, and get to a place that won't offer a good set-up for stereo?

GeezLaweez, I guess y'all got the only good stuff in town?

Bummer, although good for you, Jan.

I'm trying to find good stores in different cities I go to, just for a good look about.

Art seems to be in audio nervana out in Oregan(of all places), and I or we may get there, but is Dallas that much a void of stereo?

Apparantly so. Boo.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6923

Get the Dallas Yellow Pages on line and give a look at what's available. Most high end dealers here have limited stock from several manufacturers. While you will find a full Linn system in town, you will not find the full Audio Research line up.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6924

And tubes, and most particularly any sort of "unusual" tube product such as SET's or full range drivers to go along with them, will be all but impossible to find no matter what the Yellow Pages ad might indicate. People in DAllas with lots of money fly to New York or LA to buy the stuff and then fly someone in to do the installation. Much more chi-chi, you know. Otherwise Dallas is a very mainstream city for audio. However, if you would like to see a Ferrari, Lambourghini, Porsche, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin or Maybach all on one block, we can accomodate you nicely.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 737
Much appreciated, Jan.
Dallas is indeed a very metropolitan city, as I looked up.
Havn't been there for 18mos or so, and that was at Frito Lay in Plano.

I don't think I can afford the mentioned gear(I DO like LINN), and if Dallas is as metro as other places, I couldn't afford to look at the working girls either.(just looking).
Like the cars! Doh!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 760
Perhaps a Bently Flying Spur, I may have Jeeves bring it about...

Jamie, wake up...time for school..darn!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us