Pls Vote! HK AVR-240 or Pioneer VSX-1015TX

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Hello Audio Guru's!

Just getting into this, and am looking for an entry-level (but good quality) home theater receiver for ~$500. Have narrowed it down to (1) HK AVR-240 or (2) Pioneer VSX-1015TX. Both seem to get pretty good reviews, so I'm curious what the consensus is here... (or maybe I should consider another brand...Sony?)

Also, any thoughts on speaker brands?

- JMarx

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4492
What is the point of this poll? To gather popularity of each model? They are both great units...you are the deciding factor. Owners of HK, Pioneer or even Sony will tell that what they have is the best they have heard, and who are we to argue that. It is all subjective and cannot be argued by reason alone.

A bigger vote on one brand does not mean you are going to like the more popular item.

Trust your own ears and not the polls. You'll end up being more satisfied with your own selection than that which someone else picked for you, unless of course you are the type that seek approval from the majority.

Have you listened to any of these units?

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Berny, your point is very well taken... And I'm glad you think both units are great!

Yes, I have listened to each brand, and am currently leaning towards the Pioneer. I suppose I was just looking to see if anyone had experience with either of these units...

(Hmmmm...based on your response, me thinks I need a better posting approach! <grin>)

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Berny, your point is very well taken... And I'm glad you think both units are great!

Yes, I have listened to each brand, and am currently leaning towards the Pioneer. I suppose I was just looking to see if anyone had experience with either of these units...

(Hmmmm...based on your response, me thinks I need a better posting approach! <grin>)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4507
The next question would be, what speakers are you going to be using? That would make a better determination as to which unit may work well with the speakers of your choice.

Username: Jmaraven22

Baltimore, Maryland

Post Number: 3
Harman Kardon! Also look at the AVR 335. It is last years AVR 340, and circuit city online hass it for about $500. Ja

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2466
HK. I don't own either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us