C372 Nad, with a subwoofer?

Username: Xanitra

Post Number: 1
OK; I admit this is kind of silly. But I have no clue what to do now. I bought a C372 Nad STEREO reciever. It looks cool, and sounds great. So then I found out it can't be connected to a subwoofer. I was fairly sure it could but it can't. so now what do I do?
The nad was so cool..

Have any suggestions on what to get?
Or should I just return it, get my money back, and plug in my old Pioneer again? At least my subwoofer works with that one.

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 79
The C372 is an integrated stereo amp is it not?

Anyway, does your sub have speaker line connections: speaker cable from amp to sub then from sub to speakers?

Post Number: 2
I don't know what that means, integrated. But yeah, it says so on the box, and no, my sub does not have the connections you are referring to.

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 80
You should be able to connect the sub from the pre-outs of the C372 then regulate the sub's crossover setting. You may need a "Y" interconnect and cable. Talk to your NAD dealer or the place you bought the sub and explain what you want. All is not lost.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 806
An integrated amp is generally a receiver without a tuner.

The 372 has 2 sets of pre-outs. One has a main in/pre-out loop, the other pre-out should be free. You should be able to connect your sub using this output and not need a "Y" splitter. The dealer who sold you the 372 should be the best source of information as to what would be the the best way to hook up your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2451
Christian, what sub do you have?

Professor Dave
Unregistered guest
I just got a C372 myself and I think what you need to do is connect the sub via the 2nd pre-out (the one with the gain control) what I am not sure is that then you connect the sub back to the C372.

So, what would the diagram be if you hooked up a sub to the NAD C372

Here is the statement from the NAD product page

"There is an adjustable gain setting for this second Preout 2, allowing virtually any amplifier to work with the C 372. This output can also be used to connect a powered subwoofer, an increasingly popular option." (from NAD product page)

So, my question is, do you have to connect the sub back to the C372?

Thanks

Professor Dave
Unregistered guest
Bump

little help

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 31
Assuming the subwoofer's amplifier has LEFT and RIGHT LINE inputs for connecting the PRE OUT's from the C372 to the sub, that should be all you need. No connection back to the C372 should be necessary.

It would be helpful if those asking for help mentioned their specific subwoofer brand/model with a description of the connections on the sub, since most powered subwoofers have multiple ways of making the connection.

Post Number: 3
Ok, I have found a sollution, and thank you all for your help.-

I tried what you asked me to do. Actually connect the sub to the pre out thingy. But it seems the subwoofer has no filter, to filter out the melody, so the subwoofer acted as a really bad speaker.
http://www.lsound.se/index.php?side=arkiv&group=641&art=3863
is the subwoofer. It is a SwS sub PB10-ISD.

I think I will buy the NAD 272 to support my Pioneer sorround amp.

So now, do you think I am making a good investement in that the 272 is just as powerful as the 372, but it doesn't have the interface of that one. am I right or?`

Thank you.-

Anonymous

Just bought a NAD C352 and connected Yamaha YST-SW300 subwoofer. Used Pre Out/Main In terminals on amp for connections. It plays fine but I notice a slight hum from the speakers when idle. Speakers used are KEF Q1 bi-wired. What is the cause for the hum?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us