What creates timing and musicality attributes?

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 72
I often read here and in reviews that a certain CD player (or other componentry) has good pace and excellent timing. While one player offers benefits such as natural timbre etc, etc, another player is noted for its timing (pace) and musicality. Can anyone explain what happens (or why) that one player is better for the latter two virtues over another?

Thanks

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 75
Don't y'all answer at once now, ya hear!

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 723
I never whistle through a graveyard

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 81
Well I guess it's either a stupid question or just too hard.

Fizzle!

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 25
Rantz,

I'll give it a shot. I would say that the timing and musicality of a player, or any component, has a lot to do with the combination of its ability to accurately reproduce the attack and decay of instruments along with an ability to reasonably simulate the dynamic range of live music.

Just a guess, but I think that in a CD player, it is largely the analog output stage, rather than any particular D to A chip or clock, that imparts these characteristics on the sound quality.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 84
Thanks ctanaka - that wasn't a bad shot at all.

Anyone else want a shot?

Username: Kingkong2005

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC GR-D22u that has just begun to show vertical lines of varying colors instead of the image. Playback of previous tapes unaffected. Any type of reset button or is this thing fried?

Username: Kingkong2005

Post Number: 2
I have a JVC GR-D22u that has just begun to show vertical lines of varying colors instead of the image. Playback of previous tapes unaffected. Any type of reset button or is this thing fried?

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 87
mdsdks aklslas

What on earth has your question got to do with this thread. Please post your question in the appropriate area.

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 29
On a dark and moonless night, I was wandering throgh a graveyard, pondering the mysteries of audio CD players. I began to wistle, and just as the notes left my lips, I tripped over a JVC GR-D22u camcorder...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us