Marantz Receivers

dhs
Unregistered guest
Marantz now available at www.digitalhsolutions.com

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 541
Terrible website and high prices! If you are going to advertise here at least get the model numbers right on the web site.

JeremyS
Unregistered guest
What are you talking about? Those are the right model numbers and their prices are atleast fair. If your going to bash, get your facts straight. I bought a pronto tsu7500 there and have not had any problems. Service was great and the price was too.

guest poster
Unregistered guest
If you want to call list prices[or darn close] fair then go ahead. I find these prices to be closer to outrageous. BTW, such blatant ad posts have been frowned on here for years. If you want to advertise, pay for it.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 550
Well JeremyS, or whoever you are working for this outfit, I'm glad you were able to fix the Marantz page before responding. Nobody would have paid you $4000 for a SR8500 next to a picture of an SR9600.

marogus
Unregistered guest
Marantz can kiss my big brown pantss, they the buggiest receivers in human history guys.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3376
???

Marogus isn't that NAD and HK you're talking about?

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 721
As usual Ed, a day late and a dollar short..oh wait, that's your pride and joy..a dollar short.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3401
Nucklehead,

actually no, the stupendously sublime Panasonic sa-xr55 is not a dollar less expensive, more like HUNDREDS of dollars less expensive than many clunky fat-@ssed and obsolete analog receivers like yours that it handily crushes in sound quality. LOL

darling, you need to brush up on your arithmetic there!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 741
Thanks for the math insight Ed. BTW, I am not darling, however you might find that fitting into your vernunculation.

And if that POS could touch my Rotel nearly as much as you touch yourself, it might not need so much provocation to perform.

Pip Pip.

Cheerio

You seem to forget, I actually HEARD the Phanny, and it is a POS. IN CAPS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3405
> it is a POS. IN CAPS.

what a subtle and penetrating mind, LOL!

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

Post Number: 35
actually no, the stupendously sublime Panasonic sa-xr55 is not a dollar less expensive, more like HUNDREDS of dollars less expensive than many clunky fat-@ssed and obsolete analog receivers like yours that it handily crushes in sound quality. LOL

No one is more ignorant than this edster guy, I swear NO-ONE ! My God!
For real edster, have you EVER heard a good system? Have you? Boy, I am worried about you! lol

Do you realize that what you own is a very low budget system? :-) Nothing wrong being a guy with limited resources but you sure have a hard time keeping things in perspective.

Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble, edster, but the Sonic T-amp is a thousand times better than the Panny. And it only costs $30.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3417
LOL Vader you've gone back into "anonymous" mode again haven't you?

How sad you are, my boy...

Anonymous

oy, don't confuse me with this Vader loser!

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

Post Number: 38
oh no! Now anonymous hates me, what the world has come to!

Dixon
Unregistered guest
Gentlemen,
I enjoyed your banter immensely, but I am curious if anyone can assist me. I have a Denon AVR3300 that tends to clip after about 3 hours of relatively light service. Mirage fronts, center, rears and SW. The unit will reset and clip again after approx 10 min. Is a component going weak in the power supply output? I am considering the Marantz SR8500 as an upgrade. Pros or Cons? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 190
Dixon. Tell my how you have your AVR mounted. Do you have it in rack system? I had a similar problem with an H/K years back and it was because the cabinet space was too small to allow it to ventilate. Could you have a similar problem?

Dixon
Unregistered guest
Riches1, thanks for replying. The unit sits isolated in the TV stand beneath the TV -no back on the stand, almost a foot of space above and to either side. Should be more than adequately ventilated. I have considered adding a small fan to assist in cooling. Next step will be to eliminate individual speakers and attempt to isolate channels that may be heating up. Thanks again.

cmexec
Unregistered guest
Dixon:
I hope you can resolve your issue with the Denon. However, if you still want some insight on the Marantz SR-8500, then (from a 8500 user for about a year):

I am satisfied with the quality and performance of the SR8500. It has a warm but detailed sound (paired with DefTech Mythos for 2-chan stereo). It is great with both stereo and multi-channel/surround. I certainly prefer the sound of the Marantz compared to my previous Yamaha RX-Z1.

In terms of things I did not like about the SR8500, they are:[copied from a post I made at www.avsforum.com]

o Auto-setup feature (M.R.A.C) does not perform room EQ, only speaker size, phase, delay and levels.
o Digital A/V = DVI instead of HDMI (i.e. video-only)
o Pure direct mode bypasses subwoofer usage
o The 4 component inputs onboard are unassignable
o No digital SACD/DVD-Audio inputs
o Inputs cannot be renamed
o Lipsync delay function operates globally for all inputs instead of individually for each input
o Can only send composite video to zone 2
o Does not include any of those synthesized surround modes (e.g. HALL, DISCO, STADIUM etc.) - although I prefer it without them!

However, despite the lacking features, IMO the sound and build quality of the SR-8500 does not disappoint.

Dixon
Unregistered guest
cmexec,
Thanks for the detailed reply. Some extremely interesting points to consider. Enjoyed the link to avsforum as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us