Finally got the Athena F2.2s

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 458
first thing ide have to say is these things are huge, because of them i now have to get a new tv cuz they make miy 24" look like a 12". I have not got to test these babies out yet but from the little that i have played them i am so suprised. They do a remarkable job of filling the room-and the house-with sound.
I almost regret getting them because i cannot turm the volume past -54 and i feel i am not using them. Last night i was brushing my teeth downstairs and i could have swore they were in the bedroom next to me-the sound was that clear...but they were upstairs. Thanks everyone who recommended these speakers, i cannot imagine my reaction in a few days when i crank them up (after their burn in time).
Anyone on a budget who wants a clean, loud system for under $630, i would stronly recommend my Panny XR-55/ Athena AS-F2 combo--and i have no idea about this "bright" sound that everyone said would happen. i dont even have the treble down and they sound perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 156
glad you like em....i use to sell nothing but those speakers when i worked at BB.

Be sure to allow the polypropolene woofer about 50 hours of playing before you turn up the volume.

Finish off the system with the AS-C1 and two AS-R1 surrounds and mate the whole thing with an Hsu subwoofer.

That would be one killer sounding system.

The "bright" sound is very easy to hear if you have heard a warmer sounding receiver like HK, Marantz, Elite or McIntosh.

Have fun

marogus
Unregistered guest
nice set up! My sister bought the F2.2s also and I have to say they really give my Paradigm Stuido 100s a run for the money, even though the 100s cost a whole lot more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us