Green Mountain Audio & Q-Stone cast marble

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 317
What say you about Green Mountain Audio speakers & their Q-Stone cast marble cabinets? Anybody own them? I Had the chance to see, but not hear a pair today; they looked real interesting.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 801
hahaha, those are the speakers that a former poster mauimusicman died to tell everyone about. sorry to say but not many here have listened to it. its almost a stigma to mention GMA here because of all the arguements that peopl have had with that guy. im sure they are great but dont know if their price is justified.

Newguyontheblock
Unregistered guest
Why not listen to them and judge for yourself?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2423
Listening to them would be fine. Just not sure if we want to spend the next 6 months hearing about them again. In fact I wanted to listen to them then but no one around here carries them.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 319
I recently sold a pair of speakers stands to a fellow who had a pair GMA Europe-something-or-others; it was 9AM Sunday morning in a NYC apartment with his wife sleeping in the other room, so I couldn't listen to them.

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 195
Hey Art... according to GMA's website, Marigo Audio Labs in Portland sells 'em. Just thought you might like to know.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2425
Thanks Ziggy. I will venture out and listen to them.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1331
Aside from all Bayless's rants they are one of the best speakers you will hear for under $5,000 a pair,as much as Bayless hyped them up I had to go listen to them,and they are a marvelous design and they may be the most engaging speakers I've heard.The ones Bayless talked about are the Callisto they are $2,295 a pair,they are very well known on all the audio forums and all the audiophiles.The Eurpha i might have spelled it wrong,but they $995 a pair and are very good the second best monitor I've heard for under $1,000 a pair,well now that I think about it them and the Epiphonys and the Paradigm Studio 20s are real close,with the Epos M5 being better than all 3 of them,and the M12.2s are just in another league in this pricerange.The M12.2 and the Callistos are dead even with the Callisto having slightly deeper bass and they are very foward with the wrong setup they can be fatiguing,but hearing them on the Bryston amp and Shanling T100 cd player they bring a piano to life like no other speaker I,ve ever heard.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 322
T

What do you make of their cabinent construction?

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1333
They certainly have 0 cabinet coloration it works,look at their weight 44lbs for a monitor is extremely heavy.Its one of the best cabinets Ive seen and didnt hear along with the Wilsons and the Rockports,Eggleston,Sonus Faber.

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 219
Mauimusicman was certainly annoying the way he pumped the Green Mountains but that doesn't mean he was wrong. He often suggested going to audiogon to look for reviews. I followed him up on it and found usually glowing reviews of the Europa and Callisto. For example:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rspkr&1050690858&read&keyw&zzgreen+mount ain

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 176
Yes they have been very highly regarded and if visual esthetics was not something I consider important along with sound quality, I'd very well might own a pair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us