Need fuse for Luxman R-105 receiver

Username: Mpaccone

Post Number: 1
Anyone know where to get a 125v 5a fuse for a Luxman R-105 receiver? Haven't found anything online or at any local electronic stores.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 695
Mark, unless the fuse is specially marked, any fuse that makes good contact with the clips will get it going again.
Is the fuse glass or ceramic?
Any lettered designation to be seen?

BTW, any idea why the first one protected the circuit?

Post Number: 2
IT's a glass fuse with the markings "61NM" about an inch long. I've seen them on-line but they never have them in stock. I've used a 3 amp fuse and it blew. I don't remember when the fuse blew. I think it happened when my wife used it. Any suggestions on what regularly available size fuse might work. It's speced. for 125v 5a.

Thanks!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 697
If you used a 3A fuse and it opened, you probably want to try a 5A fuse, the same amperage as the original.
I cannot imagine not being able to find such a fuse, maybe where you found the 3A one?

Was the original fuse all black when you pulled it(possible short)?
Did the 3A open after a while, or right away, and was it blackened as well?

A black glass fuse represents a short, while seeing nothing but an open center section means normal protection.

Also, was the original fuse wrapped with a little wire around the inside that you could see?

Post Number: 3
The original 5A is not black and does not appear to have a wire wrapped around it on the inside. It's a very thin wire that now has a gap in it.

The new 3A fuse blew immeditally and went black.

Does it matter what the voltage is if I get another 5A fuse?

Thanks

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 701
not on a temporary basis, 230v would be ok, but, dude, dont you have a home depot, or something around?

I mean, dime a dozen!

Post Number: 4
Well... 250V 5A fried it. Got a little flame too.
Guess I'll be getting a new receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us