Buzzing RCA plug on Dual 505-2..

Username: Theeinhaler

Post Number: 1
My Dual turntable had a failed RCA plug so I replaced it with a solderless "phono" plug. Now there is buzzing in that channel, though there is a good signal coming through. Is this a problem with the connection? Should I solder the connection? Any tips for these solderless replacements(the packaging claims they ar for audio)? Both channels were working perfectly(no noise) before the plug failed.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6862

More than likely it is the connector though there's the possibility you broke the cable internally when you made the repair.

Unregistered guest
I want to replace the din plug on a B&O turntable to phono plugs.There is a sheild cover a blue wire and a white wire.How do I do it and will this give me stereo?
Many thanks?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7498

B&O sold the adapter to go from their DIN plug to a pair of RCA's. You should be able to purchase the cable from a B&O repair center. It is much easier to use the adapter than replacing the DIN.

Unregistered guest
Regarding the B&O 3000 turntable .The Din plug is damaged so instead of replacing that I thought a pair of phono plugs would be better .There is a sheild a white wire and a blue wire.Can you advise how to wire them/
many thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us