Monster THX Speakers, any good?

Username: Formula454

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
Just joined here. Does anyone know anything about Monster's THX speakers? I can get a good discount on these and am thinking about buying the THX tower speaker 200, but hate to do it sight unseen. however with the discount as good as it is, it's enticing.

monster has other speakers of theirs shown at:
http://www.monstercable.com/THX/speakers.asp

thanks,
Matt

Username: Markdam

Post Number: 4
I did a listening test on these in surround at FRYES in the theater listening room i was impressed can you get me a discount?/ lol 300.00 for all five was a bit steep for me although the did sound very crisp

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 787
I've never heard them, but a couple of general comments -

1) I would never buy a pair of speakers that I've never heard - unless they were ridiculously cheap, had a high resale, and had a great market to sell them if need be. They are very expensive (I have no idea what your discount or budget is like) and I've never seen them being sold anywhere - new or used. I'd be willing to bet their is virtually no market for them.

2) If Monster's price to performance ratio is the same here as it is with everything else they make, I'd be willing to bet they are very over priced. You could probably get equal to better performance for half the cost.

3) I'd be willing to bet a good sum of money that Monster doesn't actually make them. They are most likely made by an inferior company and slapped with a Monster badge to triple the price and get sales on name recognition. You can put a Jaguar Badge on a Ford Taurus and sell it for 3 times as much, but after a while, everyone will know it's a Taurus and no one will want it (was that the X-Type?)

If you can get a great deal on them (fell off the back of the truck price) and return them if you don't like them, I'd say why not. I wouldn't buy them without hearing them or being able to return them, but that's just me.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 637
S-type Stu.
And the premier package on the page has an Onkyo receiver attached to it.Doh!

However, if cheap is cheap, and theres not a white van in sight...

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 792
Good call with the Jaguar. I noticed the Onkyo receiver with the set up as well. I also noticed that they picture Klipsch speakers with their amps. I hope that the Monster speakers are made by Klipsch and not Onkyo, or even worse SDAT. Then again, maybe they do make their own speakers and amps. Very highly unlikely though.

Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 1
Kind of ugly with the big 'ol expensive monster cables jutting out from the front of the speakers... is this their way of allowing their adoring customers to prove how audio-savvy they are to spend copious amounts of money on the cabling as well?

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 45
the speakers are made by a componey east tec

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 46
there made by onkyo and onkyo never has made one speaker in there history
east tec makes all of onkyo's stuff thats not a reciver but there not bad i love the thx speakers weird if you push on the woofers the phase pluge covering the voice coil stays put.

Anonymous

"there made by onkyo and onkyo never has made one speaker in there history "

who makes all their htib speakers?

Anonymous

i wish i could read sometimes...ohh well.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 796
he is one of many on this entire board that has writing skills of a 5 year old.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 652
Beethoven couldn't spell his name, but excelled none the less.
I got the massage

while reading the message

Username: Markdam

Post Number: 6
sorry for the typo above they wer 3000.00 dollars for all five (three thousand) but waht i found cool was all 5 were the exact same speaker they had it paired to the top shelf onkyo

Bronze Member
Username: Plato

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 27
$3000?!?!
For that much you can almost get a decent setup with Martin Logans. And with Martin Logans we are talking about some of the finest speakers you can find. Do yourself a favor and listen to something else. And if you can't afford it, look in the used market.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 661
Doh!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us