Sonic Impact Receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 84
I heard about his on a different thread here and am intrieuged (I have no idea how to spell that word). Is it any good? For $30?

The reason I am asking, is I am am planning on buying a minisystem for a relative for christmas, but am on a tight budget (up about $100) and with this amp, it may be done using components rather than a single minisystem.

Is this receiver any good? COuld I couple it with a CD player and speakers for around $100? Suggestions wlecome.

Peter

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6848

I believe you are talking about the Sonic Impact "T" amplifier. It is not a receiver in that it does not include a pre amplifier section nor a tuner. It is meant to be used as a power amplifier in a portable system. The reviews are quite positive if you can accomodate its many shortcomings. It has been discussed here and on line with quite a bit of information given regarding its use. The short answer to your question is, yes, it appears to have good sound. Beyond that you will have to decide whether it suits your particular situation as it is very limited in its application. My understanding is it is also very difficult to obtain.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3295
actually it doesn't seem difficult to obtain at all:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009W44B

Would be curious to try this sometime too, though for a high-volume listener like me it would probably not work too well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us