ITunes from external hard drive to laptop???

alohatoall
Unregistered guest
I've transferred my music to a folder on my external hard drive called "iTunes Music" using the approach recommended here (Edit, Preferences, Advanced, etc.). But when I downloaded it to my laptop, it appeared as a huge list of songs rather than by album. I've tried removing the program iTunes and reinstalling, and I still get the whole list of 3000+ songs. So how do I get rid of this mess, and how do I then download from the external hard drive to an empty iTunes so that I have albums rather than that huge list of songs??? Thanks for the help.

alohatoall
Unregistered guest
Please help. I've deleted all "iTunes" folders on my laptop, and reinstalled iTunes again, and now I have an empty "iTunes Music" folder without anything. How do I get the music on the external hard drive into my laptop's "iTunes Music" folder and keep the same format -- albums rather than a looooong list of songs? And again, thanks much for the help.

alohatoall
Unregistered guest
Here's a little more info. The original location on my PC was "C:\Documents and Settings\Betty & Bob Smith\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music" -- the location on my laptop is "C:\Documents and Settings\Smith\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music". And I didn't copy the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file or the "iTunes Library.itl" file. Does this help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us