How to copy lp's to cd's

convert lp to cd.

You'll need to connect the outputs from your phono preamp or tape outs of your receiver to the inputs on your soundcard. You'll need a wav. editor(cool edit is free) to "capture" the audio and trim the start and end times and set the overall level(normalizing). After that just use your cd burning software to burn the files. There's a LOT more to it(setting mixer levels correctly/setting correct bit depth etc.) but that's basically it.

Thank you for your help with these basic instructions. After I read these thoughts of yours and after I read the tutorial at http://support.syntrillium.com/howto/howto_002.html I was able to successfully copy an lp. However, I noticed that I lose the stereo effect in doing so. Is there any way of preserving the stereo? I'm using Cool Edit 2000 and Adaptec's Easy CD Creator software. Syntillium's tutorial states that if I want to copy the file to the CD I must save the file in 16bit. And I wonder if stereo would require 32 bit. I tried 32 bit but then was prevented by the CD software from copying the file. Thank you for your help. Greg Smith

Anonymous
I have copied the cassetts to my hard drive by using cool edit 2000, but i am unable to burn a cd from my hard drive by using my easy cd creator
software. the message, is i have the wrong format!! how do i get the correct format? thank you, bob stoltz

I want to copy my casettes and LPs to CD, and I basically understand the process. However, some things I have read lead me to believe that one of the more important items in getting good reproduction is the sound card. I need help. Can someone tell me how much difference the sound card makes, and what card I should buy for the best reporduction? edplant@charter.net

Unregistered guest
Ralph, the better your sound card, the better response and therefore your results, naturally. I have used a Creative sound blaster 16 as well as a built into the MB Yamaha systems and no problems. I am currently using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy card with the Livedrive. I hook the cassette player to the inputs on the live drive and the turntable to a preamp that is connected to the joystick port for power and plugs into the line in jack. Works great. I have recently been using the Creative Recorder SW to record to a .wav file and then cleaning up with Creative Wave SW and DART DirectX plugins.

Greg: as for stereo vs Mono, check that the 1/8" plug going into your computer is stereo (has TWO black bands), also check that the line in volume slider is centered and not to one side. If all is right then I'd try a different cord altogether.

Bob: I would save the file as .wav files and after making the CD, delete them to make room on the HD, that's how I do it and I use easy CD Creator too.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to record my cassette to cd's. someone told me to put the cd burner on analogue.
it will only record about 4 songs then it loses signals.
what is the best way to record cassettes to cd's?

Unregistered guest
I see the notes on here, but no reference to which software. I am using Nero 6 and can not find how to copy my LP's and my cassettes to the computer so I can burn to CDs.

What software can i use to copy my LP's and cassettes and record to my CD or DVD writers?

Thanks
Dave

ADZ 2
Unregistered guest
STEINBERG CLEAN VERSION 5 IS PROBABLY THE BEST PACKAGE OUT THERE AT THE MO.
YOU CAN RECORD LPS THEN MASTER THEM YOURSELF TO GET THEM SOUNDING SOMETHING LIKE.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS IT DOES TAKE A LITTLE EXTRA SPACE UP ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
YOU CAN PICK THIS PACKAGE UP FOR ABOUT £25 AND IS WELL WORTH HAVING.

ADZ 2
Unregistered guest
STEINBERG CLEAN VERSION 5 IS PROBABLY THE BEST PACKAGE OUT THERE AT THE MO.
YOU CAN RECORD LPS THEN MASTER THEM YOURSELF TO GET THEM SOUNDING SOMETHING LIKE.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS IT DOES TAKE A LITTLE EXTRA SPACE UP ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
YOU CAN PICK THIS PACKAGE UP FOR ABOUT £25 AND IS WELL WORTH HAVING.

Username: Kester

Post Number: 4
"DBW
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 01:06 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see the notes on here, but no reference to which software. I am using Nero 6 and can not find how to copy my LP's and my cassettes to the computer so I can burn to CDs.

What software can i use to copy my LP's and cassettes and record to my CD or DVD writers?

Thanks
Dave"
dave, i use creative labs audigy 2 platinum sound blaster card and an "in bay" unit for inputs (opticals in and outs, spdif in and outs, mic line in w/leve control, midi in and outs, firewire in, "rca type" in and outs, and of all things... it comes with a remote). recieved wavelab 2.0 software with this, which makes downloading easy (at least for me). i also use roxio cd creator 6 to burn and have found no problems yet.

adz 2
Unregistered guest
Pinnacle System launch latest Steinberg CLEAN products

Pinnacle Systems have announced that updated versions of four major consumer products by Steinberg will soon be available.
After the acquisition of Steinberg Media Technologies in December 2002 these new versions are the first to be shipped in a new pack design as part of the Pinnacle Systems product range.
Steinberg CLEAN version 5 and Steinberg CLEAN PLUS version 5 copy records, tapes, CDs and MP3s onto CD and DVD, restore and optimise the sound quality and remove unwanted crackle or hiss.
Steinberg CLEAN v5 includes a top quality cable and adapter.
In contrast, Steinberg CLEAN PLUS v5 contains a unique USB Audio Phono PreAmp in HIFI quality plus the required connector cable.
(GB) Shopping
Compare prices for 2 shops
See product details
Similar Applications
More Applications by Pinnacle Systems
Expert advice from

With an easy & intuitive interface Steinberg CLEAN PLUS v5 gives you access to professional audio restoration tools enabling you to polish up all your favorite old vinyl LPs, casse... more

type in STEINBERG CLEAN V5 in the search engine, you will find it.

i beleive it to be the best on the market
good luck

Unregistered guest
I have the same question as DBW and others. I have NERO and I want to copy cassettes to my computer and burn to cd. First, how do I connect my cassette to my computer and, is there something in NERO that will allow me to do this?

A.D.Z.A.
Unregistered guest
People please.
cassette output => mixer => amp => soundcard =>computer.
straight forward yes? good
forget NERO, you dont need it.
STEINBERG CLEAN VERSION 5.
it will cost about £25. using this system you will have no problems.
The sound is imported(recorded) into the computer as a WAV file. then you can master it and burn to cds however you like,

THIS SOFTWARE IS BRILLIANT!!!!!!! i would be nowhere without it, Ive never even used NERO!

Good Luck

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS CHECK OUT THE FORUM ON
WWW.REEFINC.COM . ITS ONLY JUST BEEN SET UP BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE TO HELP YOU WITH ANY PROBLEMS REGARDING DJ EQUIPMENT

Username: Sungamer

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 8
Is it just me or does the Steinberg stuff sounds awfully like an advert? i have such aversion to ads that now I will never use that product..

Anyway, Ahead NERO does NOT create the audio files you need for you. However, before you despair, there are many piece of software that do, and that you probably already own/have/use.

First things first. Connecting cassette deck/LP to Computer:

Cassette deck is rather easy. Assuming your computer actually has a sound card, get an Dual-RCA to single mini cable. The RCA end of it will be color-coded Red and Black or Red and White, two plugs, like any of those lines you normally use hooking up your cassette deck, CD player, Receiver, etc. The other end of the line is a mini 1/8" plug, like the headphone plugs (the smaller ones). Connect the RCA end to your cassette deck's "Line Out". If you're dealing with LP, then the "Line Out" of the preamp, or the "tape out" of the receiver if you don't use a preamp. Connect the 1/8" end to the "line in" of the sound card. Most of the times if you aren't getting sound later on it's this end of the line that's the problem - make SURE you've got it in the right socket.

Now that it's connected, you'll need something that records the audio. CoolEdit is free, or get your hands on a copy of Sound Forge, which is about 400 bucks and made by Sony. Go to the windows volume control (Control panel/sounds and audio devices/volume control/advanced), options/properties, change the "adjust volume for" to recording, and click on the "select" box below "line in". Then record the audio. After you do that, save it as a .wav file, and you can burn that with Nero (New, Audio CD, drag and drop files to the left side of the screen, burn.)

Username: Xracerx

Post Number: 1
To get the full benefit of the tape or vinyl you will need a Good sound card like M-Audio that has a true 24bit decoder and a DAC. "Sound Blaster's need not apply" as they are a cheap recording devise. That can only handle 16 bit.

Once you get it on your hard drive you can use Sound Forge to edit then record to a CD. I would use the CDA format so you will not lose any of the warmth.

Unregistered guest
I have read this entire thread with interest. Have tried to do some research on the Steinberg Clean Plus product. Though it sounds good it seems to be hard-to-get to say the least. It appears that the Clean V5 product may be available in the UK but not "Clean Plus" and that both products appear to be not available at all here in the good ol' USA. Does anybody know what's going on??

Username: Jazzwolf

Post Number: 7
I have gone to this web site http://www.dak2000.com/Reviews/2020Story.cfm and bought the software and mixer for a cheap price. I was always hesitant to record LP's to CD's because it sounded complicated but it is REALLY easy and foolproof with the program, it also has click and pop software that you can actually control. I have recorded quite a few LP's to CD's and have been very satisfied. No, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just thought you might be interested.

Unregistered guest
Izzy - thanks for this input. Will definately check it out. I agree, from reading I have been hearing a lot about the complexities and also a lot of negative reviews on certain software. Hadn't heard of this one yet --much appreciated.

Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

I have a web page that may help you out. It talks about my experiences with LP and 78 conversion. give it a browse.

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/audio/audio.htm

good luck

Username: Chris_g

Post Number: 2
Burning CDs from Vinyl

I posted this to a thread on a different board last year. It is a Mac solution. Also, while my solution is to convert vinyl to mp3s, it could also be used to burn to CDs.

I have my pre-amp's audio-out running to the audio-in card on an old G3 (RCA plugs). I play the vinyl on my tunrtable, and sample using Sound Studio by Felt Tip Software:
http://www.felttip.com/products/soundstudio/

Then I sneaker net them back to my G5 using an external hard-drive. Then I import them to iTunes. I could probably run the audio straight into my G5, but the stereo is in the living room, the G5 is in the bedroom, and the G3 is on a roller cart. This way the G3 is set-up in the living room as a dedicated vinyl burning station that I can wheel out of the way when guests come over, or whatever.

Screen Shot of Sound Studio

Upload

Anonymous

I too am curious to know what gives with this app.
I purchased Pinnacle Clean/Plus 5 around a year ago from Amazon here in the UK. I have used it extrensively and found it to be an excellent product.
I've recently come up against a relatively minor problem that has prompted me to seek some kind of support. It seems, however, that the product has just disappearedas though it had never existed. Was it too good or what?

Username: Chaidude35

Is the Headphone jack on my mini stereo system considered a line out? I want to transfer music from cassette to my laptop. In back of the stereo system there is only a AUX/DVD line in.
thanks.

Unregistered guest
this concept seems simple enough, but my problem (unless i'm just ridiculous) is that i don't seem to have a line in jack aside from your standard usb/headphone/microphone works, and i'm assuming the microphone jack is not adequate for LP-->CD transfer, right? what is my poor pc to do?

can i get around buying an external soundcard?

JimHutch
Unregistered guest
Pinnacle sold Steinberg (Clean!) to Yamaha. If DAK is selling close-outs of the product it might be a good deal. I doubt Yamaha will support it though

Regards,
Jim

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what equipment is used to copt music on to vynil?

thanks,
Federal

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what equipment is used to copy music on to vynil?

thanks,
Federal

ChevyMan
Unregistered guest
I have been doing this for some months using Steinberg Clean V.5 from Pinnacle systems, it really does work well and is definately worth the modest purchase price, and once you have your LP or tape played into it there is a myraid of filters, tweaks, speed correction, pitch, EQs and so forth that you can do to get it to sound better and to remove unwanted noises, plus it has automated filtering and clean-up processes based on what media is played into it. Then you just press burn CD and you have a nice audio CD sounding as good as it possible can. I used it to make a CD from a 28 year old cassette tape which was in terrible condition, recorded at the wrong speed, was hissy, crackly and lacking in treble. It cleaned up, EQ'd and corrected amazingly well and playing the new CD against the original tape shows massive improvements, I recommend Clean V.5, certainly.

avi
Unregistered guest
Can anyone give me advice on good recorder software for Win 2k. I've heard about Cool Edit professional. How does it rate compared to:

Streaming Audio Studio 5.9
Super MP3 Editor 5.2
Digital Audio Editor 2.9.7
Audio Recorder Deluxe 2.2.55
Audio Editor Pro 1.60
Audio Recording Studio 3.1
Audio Tweaker 2.7
Handy Rec Professional 4.0
Rip Vinyl 3.30

All found in a search at www.softpedia.com

I'm preferably looking for freeware or perhaps shareware.

S. Jones
Unregistered guest
This article from PC World may be a helpful tool for those who wish to rip their vinyl to CD.
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,117810,00.asp

Haven't attempted it myself yet though, as it does seem a bit complex for those such as myself who are technologically impaired.

Username: Lornah

Interested to read the assorted comments on PInnacle Clean/Plus 5.(and yes some read like an ad)
I've recently bought it, managed to connect everything up, record a few tracks from my LPs onto my harddrive and ostensibly clean them.
I can hear them on the pc, but when I try to burn them to cd all I get is a pop up asking for my title and artist, and nothing like the list of tracks dialog that the manual says I should, and nothing happens.
Can't find anything under support on Pinnacle, had to search long and hard on the site to even register the product.
Can anyone here help?
At the very least I suppose I can just copy the base recorded .wav files to cd using nero or similar, but I would rather like the declicked versions.

jim s g
Unregistered guest
can you record an lp onto cd using the mic connection? I can currently copy cd's to cd's but i want to copy some of my lp's or individaul cuts on them/

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to get started on this LP to CD thing and I'm stuck on the starting blocks with the hardware side of things. Turntable is a Thorens TD 160 with Ortofon M15E super cartridge. The output is a phono flylead. Where do I go from there:-

First, what's all this preamp business and where do I get one good enough for the job and at what price?

Second, my PC has no sound card (built onto motherboard)

Third, I've got a little box from PC World called Instant Music (£20) which plugs into a USB port and has Left / Right stereo inputs but not sure those inputs are suitable for the Turntables raw output.

Do I have to have a preamp and or a seperate sound card.

My problem is the HardWare and its connections to get started - the software is a thousand miles away yet.

I'm just trying to be helpful but the site won't accept my name
Unregistered guest
Lorna Henderson - I've been using Clean 5 for a year or so now and find it really good, easy to use, etc (this is not an advert!).

The problem you have sounds like the software isn't recognising your CD drive. A good way to test that is to open Clean, click on 'CD' on the main menu and then select "CD Info". On the right hand side, the name of your CD R/W drive should appear in the box. If this is blank, or you see only a tick there, I think this is your problem.

I have used this software on four different computers, and the newer they are, the more likely you are to have this problem. I'm looking for some advice myself on this because it recognised the CD writer on my old desktop, but when I replaced the drive it wouldn't see the new one. I've since changed the PC and it doesn't recognise the drive on that at all. Even stranger, it used to recognise the writer on my IBM laptop, until I popped the drive out to swap it for a floppy drive one day, and now it won't recognise it. The drive is supposed to be removable, so it isn't as though I did anything I shouldn't, nor have I changed any of the settings.

In the past, I did find some support information somewhere on the Pinnacle/Steinberg/Clean sites which told me that the name of the drive has to appear in the PC's registry exactly as Clean thinks it should, so I tried some changes but without success. I also downloaded an updated driver or CD writer directory, but have not been able to get it to load anywhere.

The good news is that if you import the WAV files and clean them up, once you've processed them they get saved in the "Clean" folder as "original file name.p.wav" files. You can then use a standard cd writing application to burn these files to create your music CD. I have used both Nero and Sonic "Record Now" perfectly OK. The only thing you lose, I think, is the interval you can load between tracks with Clean 5, but since Clean comes with Wavelab Lite as an audio editor pack, you can add that to the end of each track artificaially before processing if you want it.

As a point of interest for the people talking about laptop connections, you need to be careful. I discovered by accident that the mic/line input on the IBM Thinkpad I use will only allow mono recording, and only one channel at that. To record in stereo, you have to use the input jack on a docking station or port emulator (only another £90/£100 or so!).

Despite all these issues, I have great fun with it, though!

Anonymous

Lorna Henderson- Re: Clean 5
I may have a solution to the problem you were having . I had asimilar problem with Clean PLUS
4.I was able to solve the problem with Clean 4 by doing the folowing. Go to Steinberg.net. You will be redirected to another Steinberg site. Find Support.In A drop down box under support, select downloads,on downloads page, look for Applications,just below Applications, select Updates PC. On updates page scroll down to the end of the page. Look for Wavelab CD/DVD recorder update. Select the Compressed file and save.Open and unzip file.Find drvs.file.It will be directed to your registry. When windows asks do you want to do this, select yes. Go to Clean and select CD,then cd info, you should see you recorder Model

Anonymous

I use Diamond Cut Millenium software and the ESI Julia soundcard. works fine for me.
(i have no affiliation with these companies)

http://www.diamondcut.com/

http://store.yahoo.com/tracertek/esijulia.html

frustrated with nero
Unregistered guest
I can get my cassette onto nero ok and it shows as eg.11 cd tracks. The wizard in nero soundtrax lets me save to audio files(or whatever) i have 1 huge file not 11 files. I would like the option of selecting single tracks to put on my cd not all of them also my cd see's 1 big track not 11 when its burnt and therefore will not skip to the next song

Anonymous

Just download AUDACITY on your computer - it's free. You can copy lp's all day free - only thing is it records the whole album side - you can't separate the tracks, but it's free as an experiment.
to get separate tracks, I found Ripvinyl(downloadable for $10.95) is excellent....

Username: Nocturnalspirit

federal
to record music onto a vinyl you need what is known as a vinyl press

it is just like a cd rw except it scratches a blank vinyl instead of a laser burning into a cd

but they r very exspensive and hard to use properly

Unregistered guest
The question has twice been asked but with no response so far: can you use the headphones jack output from the cassette deck amplifier and feed it to the computer. I don't have any other outputs points available. Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7064

You will need to accommodate the various connectors but, yes, the headphone jack is an output that could be used. It's output impedance and voltage vary from unit to unit and you should check to make certain the input impedance and sensitivity of the computer's sound card will not be mismatched drastically nor overloaded before making the attachment.

Unregistered guest
For Jan Vigne
Many thanks for reassuring info.
Dan Church

Anonymous

I have used a microphone and a program called yamp... it works just fine if u have it load enough...

Unregistered guest
Within the past 30 days, I saw software at Best Buy that came with cables to enable LP to hard drive through USB connection. When I returned today to purchase it, they didn't have any and couldn't provide the name of the software. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
After years of dithering, I finally got down to converting my vinyl (500 albums is a significant lifetime investment). My receiver doesn't have a line-out and I didn't want to use the headphone output. So I bought a pre-amp to generate the line-out. But had significant ground loop problems. So I bought a ground loop isolator - better but still not eliminated.

However I got Magix audio cleaning lab - it does a brilliant job on even my scratched up Curved Air, Air Conditioning, you know, the one with the cover in the vinyl. Now I'm listening to albums I haven't had out for 20 years!!

As for the ground loop 60 Hz hum, the cleaning wizard recognizes it automagically and takes care of it. You still have the option of tackling it manually but until I get a better sound system, the wizard does it all, hisses, hums, crackles and pops.

Pete Bull
Unregistered guest
The solution to the problem of Clean 5 not recognising CD R/W drives mentioned above (17 Nov) needs updating slightly - you can find the download file as described, but the file you need to select (once everything has been extracted) now has a different name. It is now called writer.reg. Clicking on it will update your registry as described.

Username: Jonnysheff

Menlo Park, CA USA

I've been using the Xitel Inport USB interface that is readily available here in the states to record LP's to MP3 and CD format (this is probaly what Jerry's post from above refers to). Basically an outboard USB soundcard, RCA cable, and software bundled together.

It's extremely easy to set up and use. The nice thing about it is that it takes the computer sound card out of the picture completely and acts as a ground isolation between preamp and computer as well. By having an outboard soundcard, (that is well isolated) the computer's processor, fan, etc cannot interfere with recording fidelity.

The software isn't quite as robust as the above reviewers rate the Pinnacle CleanPlus, I must admit, but is very user friendly. The kit even comes with a very nice 30' gold plated RCA cable for some reason. Highly recommended for those who might want a quick fix without getting a PhD in audio engineering.

check it:
http://www.xitel.com/product_inport.htm

I found it on buy.com for about $50, you can't beat that.

Username: Rara

England

I've recently started using Steinberg's Clean 5 but I'm having the same problem as Lorna Henderson, above post dated 6th Nov'05. I've tried to update the Wavelab Lite drivers as suggested by 'Anonymous', above post, dated 17th Nov'05, but I can't locate the update he refers to.
Does anyone know where the update can be obtained as the Steinberg site no longer supports Clean 5?
I'm using XP Pro and my DVD/RW drive is an LG 4163b. I think because my drive is fairly recent Clean 5 can't see it. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

England

I eventually found the 'CD/DVD recorder updates' on Steinberg's Wavelab forum, but having applied the update Clean 5 still couldn't see my DVD drive. This post might at least save someone the trouble of searching in vain for the update.
It would appear that newer DVD drives will not burn from the Clean 5 program.

England

Post Number: 3
Since my last post I have found the answer to forcing Clean 5 to burn CDs on drives it does not recognise.
If anyone is still interested please post and I'll explain the 'long winded' procedure.

Username: Pootsey213

Seguin, Texas USA

I'm using Acoustica software to convert Lp's to CD's. I've connected to RCA 1/8" to 2 cable to the line out in the recorder and the other end to the line in of my soundcard. Everything is working fine, but I can hardly hear the song and using only my computer speakers. Is it something I do wrong here ? Do I need a "preamp" or other software?

England

The sound level is controlled from the audio control panel,which you can normally access by right clicking on the volume icon in the task bar at the bottom right of your desk top. Click and drag the Line In slider control to adjust the sound level.

Username: Pootsey213

Seguin, Texas USA

Thanks Ralph Rimmer: Volume control fully open, but when I playback, the sound is still very "soft". Will keep on tryin'.

Thanks

England

Post Number: 5
When you say you've connected your RCA cable to the line out on the recorder I'm not sure of the type of equipment you're using to play the LPs, what is it?
whatever the source equipment is the output must be amplified, if its not you'll need a pre amplifier.

Username: Marvinc

>Since my last post I have found the answer to forcing Clean 5 to burn CDs on drives it does not recognise.
>If anyone is still interested please post and I'll explain the 'long winded' procedure.

I had the same problem with Clean (4 in my case) not burning CDs to a new drive. What is this "long winded" procedure?

What I've been able to do is to use the Nero software to burn CDs from the files created by Clean. It's a bit of a pain to select each file, one by one, and set the between-song gap but it can be done.

I'd be interested in finding out if there's an easier way.

England

Post Number: 6
Marvin, I was doing the same as you and using Nero and it was a pain, so I hope the procedure below works for you.
The procedure below for forcing a program to recognise a drive worked for me, though the paths may be different for you depending on the OS and the application you use.
It's best to follow the procedure in earlier posts for updating the list of drivers recognised by your burning app' so that when you edit the registry any changes are minimal.

1, Locate the ID of your Writer in the registry and write it down exactly as it appears.
The path to my Writer's ID was: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\Devicemap\Scsi\ScsiPort\Scsi Bus 0\Target ID2

2, Search the registry for a list of drivers that your burning program recognises. The path to my list was: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SOFTWARE\VOB\CDSApp\Writer.

3, From the list of recognised drive IDs select the one that is closest to your own Writers ID.

4, Edit both the key in the left pane and the ID value in the right pane so that they are identical and the same as the ID you noted at '1' above.

I can't take the credit for the above info' because I found the tip in a back copy of Computer Shopper magazine. Don't despair if you have problems finding your Writer's ID, it took me ages to locate mine.
Best of luck.

Thanks Ralph. I'll have to give that a try when I have time. I'm not sure I understand your step 3. Do you select the one that's closest to your own writer's ID just because there's less to re-type? Or is there some other significance to the one you select?

England

Marvin, there are two main reason for selecting the closest model of drive to your own at step three,one is that editing is easier as there is less to alter,in my case I only needed to alter two digits. The other is more important, because, when you select the key of the drive closest to yours in the left pane, about a dozen values open up in the right pane. The values represent such things as : read/write speeds, burn proof criteria, etc. By selecting the drive closest to your own you will retain the values in the right pane after you edit the drives ID. It's for this reason that it's important to apply the latest update off the Steinberg web site prior to making any changes.
Don't forget to back up the registry before you alter anything.

Username: Alanhat

Canberra, ACT Australia

I have a copy of Steinberg's Clean! 4.1 which had been working OK on an earlier PC but which would not work on my current PC. Specifically, it would not burn a Clean! project file to a CD. It was causing me all sorts of grief as Clean! is no longer supported by anyone and I thought I might have to (reluctantly) buy some different software.

Stumbling across this discussion group was a godsend as it gave me enough information to: identify the problem (my CD burner ("recorder") was not recognised); suggest a solution (download an update file to "register" my current CD burner); and to successfully do it (use the download/update facility on WaveLab Lite which worked, when I followed the instructions in the accompanying text file, worked just fine). I have now burnt several Clean! projects without any problems at all.

Thanks to all those in this group that contributed to this happy solution to my problem with the now unsupported but ever so clever audio software package, Clean!.

By the way, does anyone know what is different in version 5.0 of Clean! from version 4.0/4.1 ? Is it worth chasing up a copy of the latest version ? Or is it no more than a marginal improvement over the preceding version ?

Username: Matt_j

I have just had a trust sc-5250 soundcard fitted to my pc, it has a digital co-axial input. I also have a stanton str8-100 record deck with a digital coax output to record my vinyl via digital coax cable. So I bought a profigold 75ohm digital coax cable to connect the two and then planned to record onto my harddrive via my magix software.
Unfortunately all I am getting is a distorted sounding record with a lot of buzzing and humming from the connection. To check the cable and soundcard I connected a dvd player with coax output to the computer and recorded a cd and it was fine. Has anyone any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Many thanks

Can anyone help with my previous post. Please. Thanks.

I'm not sure what a "record deck" is. Is it another name for a turntable or does it also include the phono preamp (stage)? You need a phono stage to boost the signal from the phono. Does the phono deck have an analog output that you can connect to an analog input of your receiver to see if it's outputting a good signal?

Yes a turntable. Yes I do get an output using the analog connections, so that part seems to be working.

Do you connect your analog connections to a soundcard, receiver or some other phono preamp? If it's to your receiver, do you connect it to your phono input? If so, then you're using the phono preamp in your receiver. If that's the case, maybe the problem you're having is you need a phono preamp in between your turntable and souund card. Does your receiver have a digital output that you can connect to the sound card?

I connect my analog output straight into the soundcard. My turntable has a phono, line and digital output. These should all be able to be connected straight into the soundcard as it has a pre-amp. Unfortunately my receiver has no digital output, as it is part of a midi Hi-Fi. I will try to get my turntable to someone that has a receiver with digital output, that way I can check to see if the turntables output is faulty. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us