Behringer amps

a l e x farris
Unregistered guest
are they any good? for $300 you can get a 2400 watt amp. it weighs 47 lbs. check it out
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=248-747
what do u guys think about it?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4387
Are you planning on using it for home use or professional use?

Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 3
home

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 12
if i got it, it would be used for a subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 745
Behringer in Germany makes a huge quantity of amplifiers, mixers, analog and digital signal processors, microphones, guitar amps, etc. for studios and other professional purposes. I'm sure they can all be used for home applications too.

The main reason they are so inexpensive is that the amplifiers are made in sufficient quantities to keep prices low and they are made for functionality--not beauty or bragging rights at high end audio stores or for review by many high end magazines, which would undoubtedly say it sounds harsh or some other nonsense.

Heck, these amps even have 3 different inputs: XLR balanced inputs, unbalanced RCA, and balanced 1/4" phone jack. A lot of these amps even seem to be bridgeable, not to mention having output jacks for speakers equipped with 1/4" mono phone plugs--found in quite a few studios.

Now these amps don't have the outer build quality of the much more expensive consumer solid state amps, as that isn't their main market.

I think they only have 1 year warranties, but heck--you could buy 10-40 of these for the same price as many high end amps--and most of these models are a lot more powerful into even 2 ohm loads.

BUT--you better be careful you don't fry your speakers by leaving your volume too high when starting up with their more powerful amps. Probably why these amplifiers and most of Behringer's line is marketted for pro use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us