Orbs all that? Anyone else heard them? How do they compare?

Username: Gzoda

Kansas USA

Post Number: 3
I'm looking for a smaller speaker system. Recently came across Orbs. Monologue likes 'em, but wondering if anyone else has heard them and how they compare to say Infinity or Klipsch sat systems? Will be running them on a Pioneer VSX D912K.

rave
Unregistered guest
I'm a big fan...I think they have great imaging and a very high quality subwoofer. They sound a lot more balanced than other sub/sat systems, meaning you can't isolate the sub when you listen critically. I think this is mostly because the sub is tight and powerful as opposed to boomy. It's probably also because the satellites play down to pretty low frequencies. I use my system at least 50% of the time for music, and I really never came across a sub/sat system that didn't sound like one when you played music, so I waited. Then I came across the Orbs. I haven't compared them to Infinity or Klipsch satellite systems, but I did compare the Mod2 stereo system to two big floorstanding Klipsch last weekend and the Mod2 won hands down. I've also recently heard the Energy system and think the Orbs have a lot more clarity and better bass. Can't really go wrong w/ the 30 day MBG, and if you go for the Infinity or Klipsch, I'd recommend buying them from some place that also gives you the chance to try them at home.

Username: Gzoda

Kansas USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info. I might be calling them for the 30 day in home trial.

Fezin
Unregistered guest
I have the Orb Classic Two stereo system with the Mod2 speakers and Super Eight subwoofer. The little Orbs sound better than my old Snells, with much greater detail and soundstage. These are the type of speakers where no matter how hard you stare at a speaker or the sub, you still can't pinpoint the source of the sound. I have a big set of old floorstanding speakers that I have the Orbs on (bulk garbage pick up is a few weeks away still), and everyone who hears my system thinks it's the big speakers playing. As soon as I get my plasma TV and receiver, I'm definitely upgrading to the full HT system, and hopefully I'll be able to grab a pair of their stainless floor stands that look like a million bucks. I definitely listen to more music since I bought the Orbs, which is probably the strongest endorsement possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us