Help Wanted

Username: Lazbec11

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone. I listen to a lot of music but thus far building my cd collection has taken precedent over the way I listen to my music. So finally, I am looking into buying a system. I have NOTHING, and can spend about $1000. I guess speakers will be my main priority. And then receiver? Subwoofer? What do I get? Recommendations are most welcome.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3053
For a 2-channel system at $1K this is what I'd get:

2 CBM-170 bookshelf speakers and Hsu STF-1 subwoofer, $659 shipped from Ascendacoustics.com (read the reviews section on their website)

Panasonic sa-xr55 all-digital receiver, $230 shipped from amazon.com --- outperforms most analog receivers costing several times more, IMO.

Marantz cc-4300 CD player, $145 shipped from accessories4less.com

If you are able to wait until mid-January, Ascend will come out with an improved Signature Edition version of its CMT-340s which will have more bass and claims to be good to go played full-range for music without a subwoofer, for about $580.

Bronze Member
Username: 2morex

Exmore, Virginia USA

Post Number: 21
How about new mission M32i from amazon from 175, used nad 320bee integrated approx 275 from a'gon and a nad 541 cd player for <250 used. A taste of the good life for 700.00. There is a great deal of excellent entry level used gear available. Good luck.

Username: Lazbec11

Post Number: 3
Thanks! I will look into everything; I realize it's not much moola to work with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us