PSB or Dynaudio?

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
Or another rec all together?

Looking at a PSB 5.1 home theater setup (Image 5T/ 9C/ 2B)- will mate w/ a Hsu sub- unless I go for a smaller Sunfire or Velodyne cube. Drivng w/ a new NAD T763.

Reading some positive things about a Dynaudio Audience setup (62/ 122C/ 42).

Anyone out here driving either of these setups w/ an NAD receiever? Pros/ Cons? Not looking to break the bank- but something solid, mid-fi that looks/ sounds good for my living room.

Any other suggestions/ packages to look at?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 163
SLB,

If I may suggest, on the Dynaudio setup, substitute the 52's for the 62's. In my experience, Dynaudio floorstanders are very bass shy. The 52's for the fronts will sound great, you can save some money, and put it towards a sub or some other piece of gear.

This speaker setup with a NAD receiver T753 or T763 will sound fantastic. Good luck.

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
Thanks Rick- I've been swayaing back and forth on whether to go the tower/ bookshelf route- but I'm assuming that as long as I match centers/ bookshelves and get a decent sub- I should be in good shape. Not disappointed with my current polk sat/sub setup- but i have the buying itch.

just need to get out and audition/ see how systems mate with my NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 166
SLB,

The Dynaudio's will be a quantum leap forward from the Polks.

Again, paired with a NAD, will be a killer sounding system. Go out and give a listen soon.

Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 4
PSB are what i am running right now as my Rears and i just recently Blew the Tweeter i would like to know if any one could tell me how to fix them or anything thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 37
Personally I think the Dynaudio's will be a quantum leap forward from the PSB as well. But it is up to your ears.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us