Building my own speakers

BLAH! ROAR!
Unregistered guest
ive decided to build my own speakers...i have a question...in each of my speakers i am going to have 3 8 ohm speakers(woofer, mid, and a tweeter)...the woofer is about 100rms @ 8ohms...the mid is 60rms@8ohms...and the tweeter is 60rms@8ohms...i want to put a 3 way crossover on it to give the speaker its proper frequencys...now if i want a 4-8 ohm load how would i do this...is it even possible??? if any of u are confused i understand...this is probly a simple question that im making a big deal out of

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6688

Just curious. If you don't know have a clue about how to do something, why would you decide to go ahead and do it anyway? And, why would you ask a bunch of people on an audio forum for help when there are plenty of websites that will tell you what you need to know?

BLAH! ROAR!
Unregistered guest
cheaper...i know how to build speaker enclosures/cabinets...but i had a question about a crossover and how to get a proper ohm load...not building an entire speaker from scratch...i searched for a forum and found this one...i thought you guys are here to answer questions...i guess not...

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6700

Put DIY loudspeakers into a search engine and you will find plenty of combinations to pick from. Making a speaker, particularly a three way system, sound good is more than just telling you to plug wire "B" into speaker "C" and that will do it. I would strongly suggest you read up a bit on speaker building before you attempt your project. The information on the internet will help and you can even buy some pre-assembled kits to get good sound without paying the price of manufactured speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 157
^^ Yeah, dont want a very efficent tweeter and an inefficient bass driver or the other way around :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us