Using stereo receiver to power sub

Unregistered guest
I have a Nakamichi RE 10 Stereo receiver that I want to use as a power amp for a subwoofer. I know it would be eaiser to get an amplifier plate from parts express but if I sold the Nak, I would never get what its worth.

Could I run the sub woofer out from HT receiver to an audio input on amp and then the speaker terminals to the sub (I was thinking about the DAYTON 12" DVC SUBWOOFER http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-185&ctab=4#Ta bs? Would I then use the volume as the gain?
Thanks

Username: Invictus

Post Number: 5
If i understand what ur saying right... I JUST did something, i got to looking on the back of my Yamaha sub and it has two imput sources, the first is regular speaker wire inputs and it has speaker outputs too. On the 2nd input it has coaxial inputs which is what ive been using. Well i was gonna try and test some speakers off the back of the sub and so i ran two wires off the Back left and Back right speaker outputs on the reciever and left the coaxial connected and it SPANKS it now, its about two times bass as it was putting out before, so just something to think about.

DaDragon
Unregistered guest
I guess I was not clear. I want to run the subwoofer pre-out from a home theater receiver, to the CD input on the Nakamichi stereo receiver. And then the speaker output of the Nakamichi to the subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us