Marantz DV7600 any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Subiedriver

Post Number: 61
Anyone have any experience with the Marantz DV7600? How does it compare to the DV8400 which was pretty well reviewed?

Also, how does it compare to Denon 2910 or 3910?

Usage will be mostly music rather than movies but I want the convenience of a universal player.

Tony Gerard
Unregistered guest
I have the same question. An e-tailer who sells both for about the same price tells me that the Marantz, which lists for about $300 more, is a better machine than the Denon 2910.

Also, Denon owns Marantz or vice versa, which suggests that the DV7600 is intended to fill the niche between the 2910 and 3910.

Anonymous

I think DM holdings is the company that owns Denon, Marantz, Boston Acoustics and McIntosh. All are said to be seperate entities.

Marantz audio has always been excellent! So if you want a audio player the 8400 and 7600 will both be great machines. However the 7600 has a much improved video setup than the 8400.

I would not say that the 7600 is a step between the Denon's line, rather it was to compete with the 2910. Online (authorized) dealers have now posted the 7600 at around $799 which does compete better with the 2910 at around $650.

So my 2 cents, If you want the best sound and video for the money go with the Marantz DV7600.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us