Bass boost and Loudness

Anonymous

Just wondering if there are any more receivers out there that has bass boost or loudness. I just purchased the marantz 7500 over the denon avr 3805 because of the thx certification and from recommendations. After hooking up the system, I found the sound very pleasurable. However, it seems the the bass is lacking. I enjoy deep heavy bass from the front channel rather through the sub but the marantz needs a little more kick in that department when i'm playin greenday and most alternaltive music.
Do you guys know if there are other similar warm sounding reciever that adds a little more bass. Will the denon avr 3805 do the job? Also, the dealer recommended rotel or integra...any comments or sugestions are appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 449
Do you have a subwoofer?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2899
Don't know about NAD's AVRs but my Ascend 340s certainly put out tons more bass with my NAD separates than with the Marantz 5400.

Ditto with the digital Panny, its bass is not as heavy but tighter and faster than the NAD's, and still stronger than the Marantz's.

You are not the first person I've come across to complain about this aspect of Marantz AVRs though.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Edster.
I have a velodyne cht 120 sub but i like to give it a break when listening to loud music for a long period of time. The receiver is paired with B and w 603, for some reason the bass can only be adjusted up to +6 db and i know the receiver is capable of handling more... whatever happen to the old days where you can up the bass.

Anonymous

edster,

as soon as i have time, i will go and test out the panasonic. hope I like it more than the marantz so I can return it and upgrade my sub instead.

Stof, do you know any audio store in chicago with Nad products?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 473
Your best bet is saturday Audio Exchange. They are around the 1100 block of west Belmont. http://saturdayaudio.com

You may also be able to find some used products at audio consultants. www.audioconsultants.com

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us