Unable to hear movie on the nad t533

Username: Tacobell

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I own a DVD Nad t533 and a Nad C320BEE. I am unable to hear actors speaking while watching a movie. I can however hear the previews before the main feature starts. Once the movie begins all i can hear are the background noises in the movie...such as guns being fired and so on.
I am able to hear a cd very clearly.

How can i get this fixed so that i am able to hear the complete movie ?

Alexis

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 523
Alexis,
Most of the voices in movies originate from the center channel speaker. In the NAD setup you may need to match to speakers you actually have connected. IE: if you have a center channel speaker make sure the center channel is enabled on the T533. If you're not using a center speaker make sure the center channel output is not enabled on the T533. This will redirect audio meant for the center over to the right and left fronts.

Bronze Member
Username: Jake272727

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 65
Im having the same problem on my denon 2910 i can hear the background noise and no voice in 5.1 suround with my digital cable conected watching a dts movie Jurasic Park but in stereo i can hear everything.

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 82
If you are using a digital cable then it's your receiver doing the processing. You must be sure to go to the receiver's set-up menu, set all your speakers to 'on' (large or small) and calibrate the sound levels. Also, be sure to set the movie (DVD disc) menu to the appropriate audio set-up according to your preference (ie DTS). If you are using 6 analogue interconnects from your player to the receiver, then you can use the dvd player's processing so you must also do the same in the players set-up menu - set the speakers to 'on' (large or small) and calibrate the sound levels. Then set your receiver to external 5.1 in or similar setting.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3829
Alexis,

You have a 5.1 DVD player and a stereo amplifier.

By default you will get 5.1 from most DVD-videos. So you will miss the centre channel which carries most dialogue.

You can get around that by setting up the audio on the player so that it knows that surrounds, sub and centre channel are "off".

Then the absent channels are mixed into the Left and Right main channels.

On the T533 that will work with Dolby Digital but not DTS.

Also, many DVD-Video discs have a two-channel option, or 2.1, if you look at the menu. The trailers and such things are often in 2.1, anyway, which explains why they sound OK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us