Bookshelf speakers against wall

Bronze Member
Username: Mizrachi

Brooklyn, Ny Usa

Post Number: 12
i dont have a lot of room in my living room and am hoping (rather my girlfriend is hoping) to put a pair of bookshelf speakers on stands as close to the wall behind it as possible. are there any recommendations for speakers that would work well this way, particularly with a rotel ra-02? or am i going to lose big time in sound quality?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 514
shimon:

You can make this work. I recommend a pair of NHT M-5s, which are made to be up against the back wall or placed in a bookcase without sound degradation. They have a special cross-over with a switch they call a "Boundary Switch" which if engaged will tailor the speaker's frequency response to account for being placed close to walls, etc. I have a friend who got them on my recommendation (he wanted to put his speakers in a massive "entertainment center") and he loves them. The sound does not get muddy as is so true with most speakers. I also think NHT speakers work pretty well with Rotel electronics--I have a Rotel stereo receiver and have tried out some NHTs with it--the sound is quite good.

BTW, I priced the M-5s from Kiefs (www.kiefs.com) for something like $350 each (MSRP is $500 each), so I consider them to be very affordable.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us