High pitched noise when LG LDA-511 is turned on with Denon AVR-3806

PinNYC
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Newbie to this forum so no flames please!

I have just purchased a Denon AVR-3806 receiver (to replace two faulty JVC-RXD702B's - don't get me started on that episode). I have connected my LG LDA-511 DVD player (which has a HDMI output) into the receiver. The HDMI output from the receiver goes into my Sharp Aquos TV with HDMI input.

The only problem I have is that when I have the DVD player use HDMI as the digital audio source on the receiver, there's a loud high pitch tone when the player is being switched on. The tone does not go away until the DVD actually kicks in where the sound is then perfect.

To avoid this, I am having to provide digital audio via coax from the DVD player to the receiver. I want to know if there's something wrong with either the receiver or the DVD player?

I've tried changing the type of audiostream and bitrate on the dvd player with no luck.

Thanks in advance,

P.

PinNYC
Unregistered guest
If it's of any benefit to those reading this forum, I have worked out that the high pitched tone occurs at the same time the Receiver thinks the audio output is PCM (when switching the DVD player on over HDMI). If I use the coax connection, the Receiver says the audio output is PCM but there is no high pitched tone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us