Got my Mcintosh 1900!!!! It's great!

Bronze Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 88
I just got my Mcintosh MAC 1900 in. I am hearing lows I have never heard before with my father's Denon and his old Yamaha, and needless to say my old POS Philips. And that is playing FM radio with no antenna! Just wait until I get a CD!

I'll post more as I play with it some more!

Bronze Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 89
I moved the Infinity Column II's about 2 inches from the wall (big improvement in sound but now I have to watch out for them as one of them is blocking part of a doorway), and played a CD through them.

The bass definition is there but the bass is not very loud. I can attribute this to both the cheap long speaker wire and the fact that the amp is only 55 watts where the Column IIs want something like 100+. The loudness control compensates very nicely as it is not like a modern day loudness control that boosts the bass and the highs, it just boosts the low end which is what I want (but I'd still rather to not have to use it, but I guess it shouldn't matter as long as the end result is fine).

I played mostly Gary Moore and Stevie Ray Vaughan with a little bit of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Bozzio Levin Stevens, and Led Zeppelin thrown in. The best is those recordings that sound like you're in the room with it like Gary Moore's The Messiah Will Come Again, because it does sound like I'm in the room with the band!

Best $430 I have ever spent!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us