Feedback on Receiver for Polk speakers

Username: Javelina

Post Number: 2
I'm planning to get a Polk speaker system (RM6700). Could you please suggest a good receiver at about the $400 range?
Currently I'm trying to decide between a Pioneer VSX-D912K and Onkyo TXSR501. The Pioneer one seems to have some good reviews from C-net with regards to its calibration system. I'm new to this so any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 274
Vic,

I used to have almost this exact same setup. I had an older Onkyo in the same category as the 501 and the Polk RM5400 system. I was very pleased with the setup. It had a very appealing sound and did me well for many years. While it sounded nice, it just lacked "punch" that I was looking for (which is to be expected from a 55w per channel receiver)...which is why I decided to make a major upgrade last October.

Username: Javelina

Post Number: 3
Johnny,

Thanks for the feedback. Apart from the Onkyo I was also looking at a Pioneer 912 which gives 110W/channel. Probably this might give the added punch. What is your opinion?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 362
The 912 is a much better receiver than the Onkyo 501 but if you like Onkyo look at the 601. That's a better comparison with the 912.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us