NAD 370/NAD 541i/Paradigm Monitor 7 v3

Nellie
Unregistered guest
Hi guys.

I just bought this system new. Paradigm Monitor 7 v3 speakers, a NAD 541i cd player, and the NAD 370 integrated amp. I will be hooking it up ASAP -- probably tomorrow because I have to go to work today.

Any comments on this system (All items are new)?
I paid about $1,500US -- it that about right, or did I get ripped off?
What about sound or quality?
Could I have done better (worse?) ?????????
I am interested in ANY and ALL comments.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 360
Nellie,
You have done spectacularly well! Congrats on putting together a perfectly matched system.I really like Paradigm's and the 7 is a real bargain and the NAD is the best thing to drive them I can think of. You have the makings of a terrific home theatre system if you want to expand and the beauty is the rest of the Paradigm's you need are not very expensive. Very good job and happy listening.

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
Nellie,
I was just wondering why you went with a integrated amp instead of a receiver like the 743 or 753.

Nellie
Unregistered guest
I went with the integrated amp because I was using this system only for music, and wanted to put all my $$ towards that only.
Make any sense??

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
Nellie,
If you plan on always using this system for music and never expand into a home theater system then what you did makes perfect sense and like I said you did very well. If you think you might want to expand later then I would have bought oneof NAD's great sounding receivers. It just depends on what your plans for the future might be.

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 27
I have a good idea of what your system sounds like. I have the NAD 541I, a smaller NAD receiver and Paradigm FOCUS, I'll upgrade to Monitor 5's v3, NAD 542 and NAD 352 this summer. I hope you are using some upgraded cables and interconnects to maximize the performance in your system as I am. NAD and Paradigm are great bang for the buck! I bet your in sonic heaven!

Nellie
Unregistered guest
Therealelitefan and Chicobiker:

Thanks for the help! I am using Monster Cable (14 guage) and biwiring my speakers. I have not bought upgraded interconnects yet. Any suggestions?

Chicobiker, do you think the NAD 542 is much better that the 541i?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Nellie - I fine upgrading CD players, when there is something worthwhile, to be cost effective. My NAD 541I is SO GOOD for $400 - better than all other' CD players I've had, that I'm going to resell it (it's MINT) and give the 542 a try. While I haven't heard the 542 yet, if the British magazines are accurate in remarking the bass and some treble details have improved, I"ll take one. However, I"m perfectly content with my 541I right now. I'm using StraightWire Rhapsody interconnects from CD to amp and they perform just fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Nellie - in reviewing and responding to your nice new system, I hope you have some bona-fide speaker CABLES and aren't just using "Radio Shack" speaker 'wire' to connect/maximize your Monitor 7's. Similarly, I hope you keep up the rhythm of your system build and now, or in the future try some upgraded INTERCONNECTS. Used cables and interconnects are just fine and come at great prices. I didn't care for the Paradigm sound AT ALL, without better cables, and if you don't attach better interconnects to your 541 you'll never hear it's full frequency range.Upgraded Cables
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us