Axiom: Performance or hype

ranjeet1234567
Unregistered guest
Are these speakers for real or just hype?

Thanks for your opinion.

ranjeet1234567
Unregistered guest
Bad day. I intended to post it in the speakers section :|

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2146
Hype.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 77
Try them out and decide for yourself. I am sure they are a good performer for the price. But just like any speaker you really need to try it out for yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 406
They are very good valued speakers for my experience.

ranjeet1234567
Unregistered guest
Well, reading the reviews is no good. They are mostly 'colored'. Reading a review you feel compeled to buy the speakers before the review ends. But sound may disappoint you. Untill I can afford the luxury of audiotioning htem, I hope to meet people here who have 'heard' both or have some idea so that i can benefit.

thank you very much...

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 579
I had the M60's and found them harsh and very bright and I am using NAD equipment which is noted for being more laid back!

I thought their fit and finish was average at best as I had to send back one of the aluminum woofers upon arrival as it was dented. When I did, they sent me a tweeter instead and when I sent that back, they returned a mid-range speaker!!! After 2 weeks, they finally got it right. However, when I removed the woofer, I noticed that they seemed very cheap and not too high end. Also the vinyl covering was only ok at best.

This is only my opinion so take it as that. My 9.6 Wharfedales were only about 200$ more BUT the quality is way better in the finish and the speakers are well made with the sound I like. I tried many and bought this one as I like them with NAD.

As for the reviews and their (AXIOM) website, I really believe that these people have never compared or heard many speakers in their lives and those that have and bought them anyways, can truely say that they like their sound and some do. Also, many people actually believe that what they own is the best and nothing else is good! I chose what I have because I like the sound and set-up I have made FOR ME! I was going to buy much higher end but after direct comparison, it was hard for me to really notice a 8000$ difference in sound because of the price! Be careful to ALWAYS listen first as each of us have very different needs and styles. It is really easy to get caught up in the hype.

justwondering22
Unregistered guest
I dont agree. I bought the Axiom's, tried them out for 3 weeks, and returned them. They weren't to my liking. But I have dont believe that people who by Axiom never audition anything else. I find that the members over on the Axiom forum are very knowledgable. Most of the people, or at least regulars, over there have auditioned many different types of speakers. Most people, regardless of what they own, know their speaker is not "the best", but everyone tries to find what they like best for their budget.
I also didnt find the finish on them bad at all, they were pretty good for a vinyl finish.
Again they werent for me, but I would never say that people who own Axiom speakers are the type who have not heard many different types of speakers.
Just my 2 cents..

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 259
If you call Axiom, you can visit the factory (north of Toronto) before you buy.
Arrange a visit, bring your amp ( and gear) they are more than willing to help.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 582
Well, I have read a few posts where some have said they compared to B&W and thought they were much better!!!!!!!! I agree that sometimes the more expensive stuff is over hyped but not companies such as them! I can say out of experience this is wrong!

I don't want to sound like they are no good at all only that there is much better for the price in my opinion! They have excellent service and are extremely friendly BUT that has nothing to do with sound. I truely believe that I received "B" stock material by accident but they said no! Dented woofers from the factory and poorly done seams is not a good example on my part. The guy that verified them before they left the factory that day must of had a massive hang-over!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us