Help me finalize my configuation

Username: Jmirenda

Post Number: 1
OK.. He's the situation.

Relatively small room. Short on space.

Getting Paradigm Studio 20s for the fronts(love em)

Probably going to get the CC-370 Center (not sure I can fit the 470. Probably get the Prd-10 sub-woofer but could use lots of advice in this area. Keep in mind space constraint, smallish room and don't want to spend a whole lot on the sub.

Also, looking for relatively small surrounds or rears. Must place them on back wall. No side walls and couch is against back wall. I know not an optimal setup. So di-polars won't work. Struggling with what to use.

1st choice at this point are the paradigm atoms.
Another thought was the KEFs eggs.

Any suggestions or comments on my choices welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2145
The CC370 won't sound right with the Studio 20's the CC470 is the least you can get. Timbre matching speakers in your home theater is essential to having it sound cohesive. Some folks believe that just timbre matching the front 3 is essential and you don't need to worry about the rears. I disagree. If your budget limits you then I understand. At that point the rears do become the least important to match.

1) I would get the CC470 for sure.

2) If you can afford the Studio 20's (shelves) for rears they will reward you, if not the Mini Monitors would be next to look at and then the Titans (they can be wall mounted). Last resort Atoms. Whatever you do don't buy anothher brand of speaker.

3) Paradigm does not make a good sub at that price. I would look at a Hsu or Outlaw sub. Best bang for your buck.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2812
Yes, look at Hsu, Outlaw, or SVS --- much better bang for your buck going Internet-direct.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2813
PS. speaking of Internet-direct, it would be very interesting if you ordered a pair of Ascend CBM-170s and took them into the Paradigm store for an AB comparison with the Studio 20s (as long as a subwoofer is used). Some people on audio forums like this have claimed that it's a very close call, and the 170s cost 1/2 as much. My local Paradigm dealer won't allow me to bring in my own speakers to AB against his stock, so I can't offer an opinion on this.

ascendacoustics.com

Username: Jmirenda

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help.

I'll take a look at the titans over the atoms.. But size is going to be a problem... I need to mount them on the wall and don't what them to be too large. I'm assuming Paradigm's Cinema series isn't worth a look.

As far as the subs go... Which HSU / Outlaw / SVS models should I look at to go with the S20s, and 470. Any thoughts?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us