Marantz advice needed

Username: Dazla7989

Post Number: 1
Hi guys.

My gf acquired a second-hand marantz SR4300 amp with a mission ms8 woofer. Everything worked fine in the seller's place, but now that she's taken it home and cabled everything up, the only sound coming out of the woofer is a constant hum. It is connected to the receiver via a coax cable. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I assume either the cable isn't in the right place in the marantz box or else there are some settings to be made on the receiver. unfortunately there are no manuals with the kit so I'm looking for some advice. can anyone help?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6441

Coax? As in RG-6 coax? Antenna cable?

The "only" sound comming from the woofer is a hum? No music at all? What about the tweeters? Any music there?

Have you called the seller to inquire how to hook the system up correctly?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 76
If it's not plugged into the receiver does it still hum? If you play music does it work somewhat or does it just hum?

Anonymous

Read through the manual for an SR4500 (nearest one I could find to your 4300) as I don't think marantz have changed the menu layout or the manuals too much since yours was current. If it doesn't work out you could request a pdf of the 4300's manual from marantz usa as they respond to emails no problem. They may still have the pdf handy.

Check your connections. Put the receiver end of the cable into the sub pre out and the sub end should be pretty obvious. Good luck and let us know how you get on and eloborate some more if you don't get it sorted.

Anonymous

oops!

http://www.marantz.com/new/index.cfm?fuseaction=Products.ProductDL&cont=eu&bus=h f&prod_id=3201&single=1

PPS
Unregistered guest
To eliminate the possibility of connectivity errors, the owner should ensure that:
* The subwoofer (coax cable [similiar to digital coax], possibly with phono y-cable adapter?) is connected to the subwoofer input at the subwoofer and the subwoofer pre-out terminal at the SR4300
* Both connections are secure and not possible touching any other cable
* The subwoofer is properly connected to the power supply
* The subwoofer output volume (gain) is not excessively high
* Subwoofer output is enabled/on in the 4300 setup menu
* Check for ground-loop problem (search archive for info) and rectify if needed

Post again if further assistance is needed.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us