Help with sub and front speaker selection...

Anonymous

I am replacing my old Sony package-HT with something little better within a limited budget.
So far, I got Athena Point 5 (front, center and surrounds) and HK AVR235 will be arriving next week. Could somebody pl. suggest a suitable sub to with it in the $150-$200 range ?

Avr235 being 7.1, I am planning to move the front speakers from Point 5 to the rear surround. What will be a good choice for the front speakers then? One of the Athena AS --B series speakers?

Also, do you think the 235 can drive an Athena AS-F1 (200 watts) floor standing speakers ?

Thanks
kera

Anonymous

"Could somebody pl. suggest a suitable sub to with it in the $150-$200 range ? "

Dayton 12" (parts express), Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10 or 12 (ebay, direct from mfr), Velodyne CHT 8, among others. Be advised that a significantly higher quality subwoofer can be had for 299 from hsuresearch.com though.

"What will be a good choice for the front speakers then? One of the Athena AS --B series speakers? "

Yes.

"Also, do you think the 235 can drive an Athena AS-F1 (200 watts) floor standing speakers ? "

Yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us