Flat speaker wire

Username: Tenettech

Post Number: 6
Has anyone have any experience using flat speaker wires such as Decorp flat speaker wires or any other ones? Are they any good? I would like to use some running under the rug for surround speakers. They seem kind of expensive. I want to make sure they work properly. I would like to use it for surround left and right speakers. They are 120W speakers if that makes any difference.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6439

Most flat speaker cable works just fine. It is higher in inductance than a twisted pair cable. Make certain your amplifier can deal with the additional inductance.

Unregistered guest
I have used Flat Wire cable to setup my 5 DecoAudio speakers. It works great and is easy to work with. Just remember where you run it should you want to build something in the future. I had to look at pictures I took while I did each step of the install, so I could remember where I ran the cable. I built a fake wall and almost drilled one of the framing boards through one of the cables. But I love it, here in Puerto Rico the houses are built of cement and blocks, not like in the states where you can run cabling behind the walls. So with Flat Wire cable I was able to attach it to the wall with spray adheisive, bend it in the corners, spakle it, sand it, primer it and then paint it. No one can tell where the Flat Cable wire is!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3439
tt,

there are some relatively inexpensive flat speaker cables at accessories4less.com you might want to look at. Can't promise that you'll hear a phenomenal difference with them but they might be a little easier to run under your rug.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us