Speaker recomendations?

Username: Din

Post Number: 1
looking for some floor speakers to go with my home karoke system. Need something that you will be able to hear vocals , background music and good bass response. Ive been looking at paradigm and polk speakers. My budget is 500-1000$. I already have a Peavy power amp I can use to power the speakers.

Username: Raj_p

Evanston, IL USA

Post Number: 6
Are you willing to go used?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 720
I own the Polk Rti8 and while the bass response is excellent they need a lot of power to start hitting some good levels. Bi-amping will cure this as well as moving up to the Rti10s. These have better bass response at the expense of some mid range clarity. The Rti12s would suit your needs perfectly if you can either find a deal or afford them.

Paradigm Monitor series would most likely fit your needs the best. The Monitor 7 may be a good bet but if you can step up to the Monitor 90p you will have a great balance of vocals, background music and bass response.

Username: Din

Post Number: 2
i want them to be new.

i was looking at the Polk Audio RTi10 at Frys , they sounded pretty good.

Bronze Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 66
That's some quality stuff for a karoke system right there :-)

Actually if I was doing a karoke system, I would use my father's Sansuis because they are efficent enough to function like a mini PA system.

They look just like these but have a max power handling of 70 watts and are the most efficent speakers I have ever heard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sansui-SP-X7700-15-inch-woof-4-Way-5-speakers-WOW_W0QQitemZ5 823684222QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us