NAD T753 noise issue

Username: Ztkavc

Post Number: 1
Hi!

I have T753 with noise. White noise can be heard at 2m distance form all
speakers and is independent on volume settings.
SN ratio on low volumes must be less than 50 dB.

I am wondering If there is any good T753 receiver out there (my version is V 1.27).

Thanks,
Zoran

P.S.

I talked to service and they said that noise is normal. It really is but not
THAT much!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 268
Zoran,

Yes, there are plenty of T753's out there that do not have noise.

What "service" told you that noise was normal? Was this your dealer? A local service outlet? Or NAD itself? It is true that a very small amount of "white noise" is normal...but typically you have to press your ears directly to the speaker to hear it. However, hearing this noise from 2m is definately not normal. I would take the unit back and get a replacement. If your dealer won't give you a replacement, try contacting NAD directly. They have very good customer service (from what I have heard...luckily I have never had to use it myself).

Post Number: 2
Thanks Johnny!

That was my dealers NAD authorized service. I will wait for two weeks until they
get new NADs shipment for comparison on noise issue.

I also found some hum from BIG transformer inside T753:
- really annoying hum from mechanical resonating vibrations if I place T753
inside IKEAs Timra Audio Video rack (I solved this with neoprene foam under
receiver's legs)
- small hum from magnetic field radiating inside T753 (obviously not good
shielded transformer)

I know that receiver would never be as quiet as separate components, but for
this price it MUST be quieter. My previous Onkyo receiver was like from another
planet compared to T753 except for sound quality ;-)

So I am still little concerned. Look at this link:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/9750.html

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 269
Zoran,

As long as you bought from an authorized dealer, I would not be concerned. It is true that there are a few NAD's out there that have problems. However, I am still firmly convinced that these problem units represent only a very small number of the total units sold. Most of the people who get on this forum and report the problems are just like you...they only post when they have a problem. I mean, the above posting was your first...would you have thought to get on the forum if your unit was problem free? I think the same can be said of most of the problem reports. When people have problems, they search out forums like this...but if they have NO problems, they do not seek out the forum. Thus, we are hearing a disproportionate amount of negative reports. Like I said earlier, don't settle for the noise. Stay on your dealer and NAD until you are satisfied.

Are you certain that the noise is being caused by the receiver? The reason I ask is that some people have been able to track down the problem to other sources (i.e. improperly sheilded sub cable, too many wires crossing each other, etc.). I am not doubting you in any way...just stating that the problem MAY be solved without having to ditch the receiver.

Good luck!!

Post Number: 6
Thanks!

It is receiver's fault for sure. I will return it to dealer when new ones arrive.

I intend to stick with NAD (hope so :-). It has the best sound in its price range and beyond.

PS

I'll post here results of my findings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us