Witch woofer?

I've decided on the Polk RM6700s for my satellites and center. I'm trying to decide on a subwoofer to go with them.

I'm looking at the Polk PSW350 and Paradigm PDR 10. All reviews I've read about the Paradigm have been pretty positive, but how will it blend with the Polk satellites?

Anonymous
I looked at Velodyne CHT10, Paradigm PDR10, Polk 350, 450, and the new 10" sub (I think its a 404)...So they are all in the similar price range. Out of them I preferred the Velodyne. I think that the Paradigm sub was a bit more expensive than the others--which may also allow a Velodyne CHT12 in that price range, unless it is more of a space issue.

If you plan on using a subwoofer pre-out and using your receiver for the crossover, make sure that your receiver will crossover at a high enough frequency for the 6700s (ie 150 Hz vs 80 Hz) to blend well.

It also depends on the type of base you like--some are tighter and more musical...some are boomy. You'll have to listen for yourself and see what you like.

I don't know the specs off hand of the sub's own crossover, but I'd guess that they can all crossover at 150Hz. You just don't want to be sending directional bass frequencies to the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us