SETTON AMP can I make it a PRE-AMP ???

Username: Jim1969

Post Number: 1
I have an older setton integrated amp 33 wpc late 1970's - it has had a problem with overloaing and the protection shutting down ( at all volume levels. Can I disable the amp section and use it as a pre-amp? There is not a 'pre-amp out' on it now. ANY help greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6401

First you must determine whether the unit will shut down even when the power amplifier is not attached to speakers. If that not resolved, there's little point in doing any major revision to the circuitry until you've determined what is causing the overload. After that issue has been settled, you would have to trace the point where the pre amp feeds into the power amp and bisect the junction at that point. From there a pair of output jacks would be required.

Username: Scorpion16

Post Number: 1
I have cerwin vega psx153 speakers 1000 watt peak power,and cerw. vega dx9 400 watt speakers,running all 4 speakers.if i was to get a crown xs1200 power amp which puts out 650 watts at 8ohms stereo,and like 2100 or more watts at 8 ohms bridged,what would i need to go with this amp to make it work correctly,this is just for my home stereo.

Username: Scorpion16

Post Number: 2
have cerwin vega psx153 speakers 1000 watt peak power,and cerw. vega dx9 400 watt speakers,running all 4 speakers.if i was to get a crown xs1200 power amp which puts out 650 watts at 8ohms stereo,and like 2100 or more watts at 8 ohms bridged,what would i need to go with this amp to make it work correctly,this is just for my home stereo..I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us