Help with 32 foot run to my receiver

Username: Trailerparkking

Grand Rapids, MI

Post Number: 5
I store all of my music on my computer and in trying to figure a way to connect it to my receiver I have come to a stand still. Currently it is a 32 foot run to my receiver (sansui RZ-590). As much as I wish I had an Onkyo Net-tunes unit I can't afford that and so i need help in what kind of cable is best suited for this run.

I have to use a mini-jack to get out of the card and am guessing I will have to convert to RCA, but is there another way? If not then is there a specification on cable I should use to avoid as much interference as possible?

TIA

Bronze Member
Username: Docdat

CopenhagenDenmark

Post Number: 16
I use a 20m optical cable from my motherboard's onboard optical SPDIF-out to the receiver, so I can use the better DACs. I was actually surprised how well this sounds compared. With an optical cable at that length you don't get EM interference or signal loss except at the conversion to optical and back.

Username: Trailerparkking

Grand Rapids, MI

Post Number: 6
Adam

Thanks for the idea... after checkin i realized my Epox 8rda+ doesn't have an SPDIF riser and therefore no optical... and ther Audigy 1 i am using doens't either... is there another option? i know there probably isn't but figured it is worth asking LOL

TIA!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us