NAD / NHT

Bronze Member
Username: Blues

Post Number: 13
Looks like a lot of NAD shoppers are also condering NHT. Rightfully so given so many good posts about that combination. But most of the posts are about the SB3. Has anyone considered using M5s all around? They seem to be a step above the SB3s. The M5s can be placed vertically as well as horizontally so you'd have an exact sonic signiture all around. They are also sold individually which is a godd thing.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 504
Blues:

Yes, I have, and in fact I recommended the combination to a friend who has a big entertainment center and he wanted to install his speakers in the EC. It has worked out great and he is very happy.

Also, I came close to installing the L-5s, which are a wall mounted version of the M-5s (only reason I didn't is because there wasn't enough room for the right speaker to be installed correctly. The sound is dynamite, and they look great--even my wife approved (truly high praise).

I highly recommend both the Mm-5s and the L-5s, and the NAD is a very good combo with either speaker.

jj
Unregistered guest
hawk,
i have a yamaha rx v1400,are they a good match to m5? what do you think about this system, pair of m5 for front,sc2 center,sb3 for rear and svs 25 31 pci? or could you recommend me other brands for fornt,center and rear speakers,how about ascend?

Bronze Member
Username: Blues

Post Number: 16
NHT's website says the L-5s can be used as surrounds with the M-5s. I wonder how that would sound? The drivers are the same but the enclosure is aluminum I think. The L-5s can also be rotated 180 degrees when mounted for optimum effect. Pretty cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us