Question regarding HK AVR525 versus AVR330

Doug Goss
Unregistered guest
Just ordered the LAST AVR525 from Circuit City's warehouse. Paid $550 new (not open box) and got 18 months same as cash. I've been waiting to buy this for months after reading the reviews on here (knock on wood on reliability). But, I have not seen any comparisons with the model that took it's place, the AVR330. Slightly less power but other than that I can't see much difference. CC had it for $665, same financing.
Does anyone have an opinion between the two models? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 110
The AVR-330 is the replacement for last year's model AVR-325. The AVR-430 and AVR-630 are current year models with specs closer to the older AVR-525. The AVR-430 and AVR-630 models have a silver/black finish, a glowing blue dial, more power, quadruple bass management, an RS-232 port for software upgrades, plus a newer remote.

IMO, enjoy your purchase unless you prefer a newer model. If bass management is important to you, go with a model that features it.

btw, while CC's same as cash financing is attractive, their price on the AVR-330 seems high. You can save an additional 25% and still purchase it from an authorized HK dealer. PM me if you want more info.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 130
i have the hk525 myself very nice reciever and i
have no problem with the bass management on the
unit.

when i purchased mine i was looking at the newer ones also.

and at the time i preferred the hk525 versus the newer one.

right now i can't remember why!

but i have been very happy with it.

it does run a little warm just give it good room
to breath and maybe a small fan like i did.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us