The right receiver for RBH CT 5.1 speakers?

Username: Intrepido

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
I now have a Yamaha HTR-5440 home theater in a box. I am moving into a new house and have wired for surround sound. I am ready to upgrade my system but I have to stay within my wife's decorative restrictions. I am tossing everything I have now. I read many reviews and have decided on the RBH CT-5.1 speaker group and I need advice on the receiver to pair it with. I will be putting it in a room that measures 20'X 20' with a 9' ceiling. My budget is "around" $500 and it has been suggested to me to get a Yamaha RXV 740. I have wired for speakers outside and would like to be able to listen to the radio outside and watch tv inside. I guess I could keep the 5440 and run the outside speakers with it but I would like to keep the boxes in the armoire to a minimum. Last question, would it make sense for me to upgrade the sub on the CT group to a dual 10" instead of the dual 8" because of the size of the room?
Thank you in advance for your advice. I look forward to your responses.

Trep

Username: Intrepido

Post Number: 2
Wow, I can't believe that I hav not gotten a response to my post. Could someone please take a look at this post and lend an advising hand?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us