Speaker-amp compatibility

Username: Rickspalace

Post Number: 1
hi.
Im making a pair of speakers for my gcse(english exams at 16) resistant material technology project. However, im not aware of how compatibility s worked out. I have a Technics SU-V300(M2??) Hi-Fi Amplifier, and i do not know what drive units i require for the speakers. All info on these speakers is availiable on the following lnik: http://avland.co.uk/technics/suv300/
thanx

Anonymous

before i got into researching i went out a few years ago and bought a onkyo tx ds 484 receiver and bose 5.1 speakers with out a thought of what i was buying having realised i was not happy i am slowly replacing my system but can only afford to change the speakers this year but would like something good for music aswell as movies. any ideas (help)

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 190
Richard, what is the focus of your project? Is it materials or electronics?
Either way, what is your objective?
I have made speakers out of laminates(both plastic and renewable resourse) and the difference is huge.
If you give more info, this is a great resourse in this forum.

Jamie

Username: Rickspalace

Post Number: 2
the focus of my prohject is resistant material, however, that doesnt mean i can leave a speaker box without any drive units and crossover in, they have to be finished. i am no being marked on electronics, however i want another pair of speakers and caan't be bothered just making them for the sake of it, and im going to try and make as good a pair as possible. I have decided that i am going to make the speaker cabinets out of either MDF or HDF, because its easy working and sounds good.
thanx

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 200
Both MDF and Hdf are remarkably hard on cutting tools, and difficult to guide without sharp instruments.
If you do not have access to a fresh blade on a table saw, and a good hand with a jigsaw, you may want to look at plywood, and highlight the assembly procedure you use to make the boxes.

A short study of resonant frequencies and harmonal balance might highlight your work and demonstrate your research.

I will look for some links.

Fey folks, let's give Richard a hand here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us