JVC RX-D401 HDMI Port problem - HELP

Username: Sa123

Post Number: 1
I bought a new JVC RX-D401 receiver which has two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. The HDMI output is connected to TV (HDMI-HDMI) and one input is connected to a DVD player (HDMI-HDMI)and another one to a Comcast Cable Box (HDMI - DVI). DVD player works fine but for some reason the cable box doesn't work. The picture on the TV is blank with some flashes of white. The audio is OK but the problem is with the video. I returned this receiver and got another receiver, same model and the new receiver too has exactly the same problem. I checked out all other options like connecting the cable box directly to the TV using the HDMI - DVI and it worked. So, looks like the issue is with the second HDMI port of the A/V receiver. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 710
"another one to a Comcast Cable Box (HDMI - DVI)"

Does this mean it can do either HDMI or DVI or does it mean you have a HDMI-DVI cable running from the Comcast box?

The TV may be able to accept DVI while the receiver cannot. Have you tried with an HDMI-HDMI cord?

Post Number: 2
Isn't HDMI compatible with DVI? The cable box does not have a HDMI Output only a DVI output. Do I need to buy another HDMI device to see whether this port works?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 711
Why not just plug the DVD's HDMI into the port you suspect is not working?

It seems most likely to me that the receiver has a problem with the DVI output, I'd see if Comcast has a box with a HDMI output instead of DVI - it will most likely fix the problem.

Post Number: 3
Thank you Kano, I tried the DBS port by switching the DVD player and it worked. The previous receiver had a problem with the second HDMI port and so did not work with the DVD player. The new one worked. I am getting a new box from Comcast which has a HDMI port. Hopefully that will resolve this issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us