Wharfedale - Opus series

Username: Johnaussie

Gold River, CA

Post Number: 1
Can anyone offer comparison of their "sound reviews" between the following speakers:

Wharfedale Opus 2
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand
Sonus Faber Concerto Domus
Sonus Faber Grand Piano

Does the Opus 2 match the other more expensive speakers in tonal quality?
I have read the threads on Opus 2 and am considering these options - but obviously the Sonus Faber is a big stretch in $$$
Cheers.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 574
I did listen to them very carefully but did not have a chance to compare. I will say that they were absolutely wonderful and full sounding even at really high volume levels. Fanatastic finish and very heavy.

Username: Johnaussie

Gold River, CA

Post Number: 2
I am looing for a dealer in Northern CA who will demo the Opus 2's I have heard the others, but not yet had a chance to hear my music on the Wharfedale's but seems like you like them. Their price is a lttle lower than the other 3 Euro imports

Bronze Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 26
I own the Wharfedale Opus 2 and I absolutely love them!

As Danman knows, I am completely in love with the musical, tuneful, smooth and sweet presentation the Opus 2 delivers.

I have several speakers in my house, and the Opus 2 are always the prefered and most diserable listening room for myself, my wife and my friends.

I have a friend who owns a pair of $15,000.00+ speakers (I won't even mention the model), and he's not able to sit down and enjoy them. He comes over here with several CDs in hand and wants to hang out listening to my Opus 2. Every time he buys a new CD, he comes over here for the first listen.

Now he's preparing to sell his $15,000.00 speakers and will order the Opus 2 ...shortly.

For the record, the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands are wonderful speakers and I like them very much. Although, not as much as my Ops 2.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1214
I forgot their name but I dealt with a guy in Fremont,with the Diamond and Evo series and I traded in several times and you wont have to pay retail prices he gives away deals.Call Wharfedale and ask them the name of the dealer in Fremont,Ca.,Im sorry I forgot the companies name and the guy who handled the speakers,he is one of the best dealers I've dealt with,so check it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 27
Hey Tawaun.

I confirmed it.

The Wharfedale Opus 2 is a First Order design. I guess Paul will be running out to buy the Opus 2, now....LOL!

I guess I knew what I was doing afterall, when I bought the Wharfedale Opus 2.

I bought "the best speakers in the world (because they're a First Order design" ...lol! Paul should be proud!

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1217
Yeah he will certainlly aprove of that ,you and him may be best friends now,hey I guess Im lucky the Epos M12.2s are a first order X-over, maybe I wont be his nemisis anymore.So what kind of deal is the guy gonna give you on them I think they retail for $2400?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us