1000 watt Car Sub Placement In Home

Bronze Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 12
I Have A Pioneer TS-W306Dvc Home Does And One Know Where In My House I Should Put It To Get Crazy Bass Gain,Its In A Ported Box.Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Audiowizard69

Post Number: 72
yes put it under something that has just enough room for the box to fit and a little room for the sub to hit. lay the box on its back. i put 2 10's in a sealled truck box under my bed and it made all kinds of stuff fall off the walls.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 439
Placing a car sub inside for home use is generally not a good idea unless your after noise,and boomy undefined bass with high amounts of distortion. While a car subwoofer speaker itself can be used, only two routes can be employed to power it. The first is to use a car amp to power it and plug the car amp into a power inverter/converter to change the AC from the wall into DC to power the amp. This is a dicey affair and generally will require a large inverter which are usually expensive,several hundred dollars. For $300 you can get a decent home sub. The other route is to use the car sub and construct or buy a box for the driver and a plate amp to power it. You can already by home sub kits that come with a cabinet,driver and plate amp. Even the largest, most powerful home subs will allow only about 1",maybe a little more driver excursion and in the case of high wattage home subs will have a digital amp that will have a much tighter control over the driver, which will yield much less distortion than a car sub which will allow more excursion of the driver at the expense of higher levels of distortion often in the double digits at extreme peaks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us