Advice

Username: Sammygeorge

Post Number: 1
I am planning to buy a NAD 320BEE amp. I understand that it doesn't have a phono input. Any idea how I can overcome this limitation in an otherwise excellent amp, so that i can play my large collection of (well preserved!!) LPs? And I was thinking of pairing it with Wharfedale Diamnond 9.1 speakers. The salesman tells me that the two don't go together...is he right?? Any suggestions about the speakers that can be paired with this amp?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2005
NAD PP2 phono pre amp $129.00.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6222

Did the salesperson give any explanation or reasons for the two not working well together?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 970
I ahve tried the NAD320BEE with the Wharfedales and it's a fine combination. At similar money I would prefer the more balanced approach of the B&W DM600, but the Diamond 9.1 is a peach if you liek its presentation (a little warm for me). The NAD can drive those speakers fine.

As to the phono stage, apart from the NAD PP2, also look at Project's PhonoBox.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 2
I bought myself my first car stereo system...I haven't bought an amp or subs for it yet but I plan to and want anyone who knows what the hell they are talking about to tell me if these subs are any good and the amp... the amp is a infinity 1-Channel Car Amplifier (310A) and the black sub is a Rockford Fosgate P110S4 Punch 10" Car Subwoofer and the silver one is a Rockford Fosgate P210S4 Punch 10" Car Subwoofer the black one costs $99 and the silver $149 obviously the silver one is better?Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2014
GO TO THE CAR AUDIO FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 3
i'm asking for some help from anyone..mind your fuqin business

Rantz
Unregistered guest
Looks like we have another rev-head - er make that knuckle-head.

Post Number: 2
thank you....art and frank...for most useful comments. Can the wharfedale diamond 9.1 be paired with NAD 352 also? And what about Kef Q3??
Thanks again

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 972
Yes, both the Wharfedales and KEF (which has just been upgraded to iQ3 - make sure you get the latest better one) are going to be a relatively easy enough load for a NAD C352.

A C352 can also cope with more difficult to drive speakers such as the Dynaudio Audience 42 and Totem Mite which will annihilate the Wharfedale and Kef, but cost a lot more money. The C320BEE would have a bit more difficulty.

Jacob - actually it is our business. Go to the bl00dy car section where people who might know something about your t0ssp0t subject may be inclined to help you!

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 3
thanks frank. Unforunately both dynaaudio and totem mite are not available here (UAE). Could you suggest a matching speaker for NAD 352 from among monitor audio, mission, jamo and wharfedales which are freely available. Apologies for seeking more advice, but your advice and input would be highly valued.
Thanks

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 978
The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 and 9.2 are nice speakers and would be my choice from your list. Is B&W not available in the UAE? If they are the DM600 or DM601 are also a good combination and my preference, but not bigger B&Ws.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
thanks frank
Sam
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us