Recomendation for Denon 3805 (speakers)

joey bishop
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to find the perfect match for my new Denon 3805 A/V. Great sound with my Klipsch but lookling for a richer and more dynamic speaker for stereo and multi-channel playback.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 351
I would consider the Paradigm Studio series. They are a very good bargain and match well with the Denon's characteristics.

Unregistered guest
i have a denon 3805, the speakers i have are b&w 603 fronts with matching b&w's centre and rears,i am very pleased with the sound in plx2 but more so in stereo, especialy in pure direct mode, i would say it out performes my old arcam alpha9 stereo amp (some may differ) only my opinion.

PC
Unregistered guest
Kev,
Do you use any kind of subwoofer? Is it needed especially in pure direct mode?

PC

Deanhorn
Unregistered guest
I am confused with the question.

Klipsch speakers are known for their dynamics. For dynamics, their speakers surpass almost every other speaker on the market.

Are you using smaller Klipsch bookshelf speakers? If so, listen to their reference line of floorstanding speakers. A subwoofer is a must for movies, but may not be needed with the bigger floorstanders.

I have older Klipch KLF20 floorstanding speakers which have two 10 woofers. I do not use the subwoofer for music, but do with movies. Subwoofers tend to create a bass that is far too boomy for my tastes or music. I have played with the crossover setting though and setting it to 60 does reduce the boominess.

PC
Unregistered guest
I have a def tech supercube one that is rather pricey. I have a chance to return this sub and pick up another one.

I am trying to figure out whether I need a sub for music in the first place. I have read that pretty much any medium priced sub (around $500) sounds good in movie playback mode.

Supercube sounds great with movies but "stands out" during pure direct music play mode.

mave
Unregistered guest
Hi guys,

I have a set of Wharfedale Evo 40 stereo and center speakers. I wonder if the denon 3805 is a good match for the speakers or the Yamaha rxv1400. Please recommend. Thnx.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us